All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Ciggie

GCM
172833124_4139619932758950_4260378045126022579_n.jpg

Ciggie

GCM
I'm sure a few on here will be fascinated to find that such things exist ;)

171176092_10158959011536508_1289281274655970651_n.jpg

This is an ad for a mobile game. Pretty impressive for an ad (if you take it for what it is) and the music is good.
It is the one YouTube ad I don't skip.

The trench scene reminds me of a music video I did the special effects for a few years ago. It wasn't as good, or at least the music wasn't...

SOP for UN head shed in NY/Rome/Geneva/wherever. No clue as to the reality, imagining everyone else is living the five star dream they enjoy on the taxpayer dime.

We'd get huge files and questionnaires sent which couldn't be downloaded due to severe bandwidth limitations, or inability to log in to sites in which they required you to deliver a shitstorm of paperwork to make their lives easier, also due to wonky third world comms of which they had zero fucking clue.

Explaining things meant nothing to them. They couldn't imagine anyone living in a tent in the sticks, or not having high speed broadband.
Rumbek? We used to dream of such comfort.
While out ensuring the safety and security of the oilfield at Unity, I left my laptop under the airconditioning unit in my pad, and it was brutally drowned. The privations and misery some of us endure to earn a buck; tch.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Apologies if this has been posted before but is this the ultimate smiting hammer?

ETA - To be used by Mods various to conduct smiting with.

You can tell by those fingers that the maker of this WMD is about to use those same unwashed digits to sink into an egg banjo immediately.

View attachment 564959
Oh how I need one of those at work - for the brake disc that just won't budge....

Rumbek? We used to dream of such comfort.
While out ensuring the safety and security of the oilfield at Unity, I left my laptop under the airconditioning unit in my pad, and it was brutally drowned. The privations and misery some of us endure to earn a buck; tch.
I have to admit that the USD35/d that I was paying for my shellbox at El Fasher camp was considered ridiculously expensive by some others, but it included Zambian infantry patrols twice-daily, same time, same circuit, during the curfew hours, and the camp was fenced, with nice big 'away-sloped' berms outside the wire, which wire had TEUs stacked two-high immediately inside. The same size shellbox I had to myself was allocated to 6x comms chaps of an eastern sub-continental persuasion, altho' they shared the 'rent'. Mine was about 15 metres from the dugout/shelter which helped when the locals were having their Ak-47 celebrations of births/deaths/marriages/abductions in the refugee camps nearby ...