All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

1615284812877.png

I really wanted to post this in my LInkedIn feed to counter all the insipid fukcing virtue signalling toss pots who have pictured themselves holding up their left palm (WTF is that all about by the way?)

I really wanted to post this in my LInkedIn feed to counter all the insipid fukcing virtue signalling toss pots who have pictured themselves holding up their left palm (WTF is that all about by the way?)
I shoved it on facebook. Got a small bite from my Daughter but a lot of ignoring, people know me so well.

Originally published by: Alex Landon, SECRET LONDON, on 16 November 2020.

11 Abandoned Tube Stations And The Fascinating Stories Behind Them.

These abandoned Tube stations are hiding some amazing history.

I think it’s clear from the sheer number of articles we’ve written about it that we’re quite fascinated with the Tube. How could you not, when there are doggos, dancers, trouserless riders, and even ghosts on the line?
(We’ll ignore the strikes, delays, heat, and smells for now.) However, not every part of the Tube is equally successful, which is why some of the older bits of the network have fallen into disuse and ruin – giving rise to some downright spooky abandoned Tube stations.

Some were showing their advancing age, some just weren’t necessary anymore, but all have a story behind them. Though some 40 Underground stations have been abandoned or relocated in their time, we’ve selected eleven that are still at least mostly standing, and sport the most interesting tales – all to uncover a little hidden history of the capital’s favourite transport network. They lie forgotten beneath our feet for now, but here’s a little peek inside.

Follow link . . .

1615290754021.png

[photo: Header image: @sarahmarston13 ].

Daz

LE
The iron is in their right hand??

Dear god I thought I was over it.
Mine was actually an Ambassador. Horror on four wheels.
I will need counselling now.
My Dad had a Princess for a short while, only one I was ever car-sick in sitting in the back.

Horrid thing.

Abandoned Tube stations are one thing . . . but, now to important matters . . .

Originally published by: Alex Landon, SECRET LONDON, on 18 July 2019 (TWENTY months old !).

This Brilliant Tube Map Will Show You The Cheapest Pint Near Every Station.

This pint price map is your new best friend.

Much to our eternal dismay, not every Tube station can be Kew Gardens – the only Underground station with a pub sitting on the platform. Luckily, there’s good news in the offing, for news of this pint price map has reached our eyes. Yep, that’s a version of the Tube map redesigned for the sole purpose of finding the cheapest pint near every Tube station. Hallelujah . . . !

This noble undertaking is the work of StoreKit, and should frankly be held up as the gold standard of PR exercises: one which gets us boozed for less. The only rules are that the pints must be found at a pub (no clubs, bars, or restaurants), and it has to be the closest pub to that tube station, because we are as lazy as we are thirsty. The result is a rather exhaustive survey of 263 pubs across 270 stops (as multiple stations share the closest pub).

So, to dive right in at the cheap end, you’re going to want to head to the leafy green surroundings of Fulham Broadway or the darling of the Central line Fairlop for the most reasonable pint. Both are Wetherspoons offering a pint for £1.89, whether it be Kozel at The New Fairlop Oak, or Greene King Ruddles Best at The Oyster Rooms in Fulham – top work lads!

Naming and shaming at the other end of the scale, you’re going to want to avoid Westbourne Park. Here, the nearest boozer is The Union Tavern, whose cheapest pint is a £5.55 Frontier Lager – by no means a bad pint, but still rather more than you’d like to be paying. If you’re on the DLR or the Overground, I’m afraid you’re plumb out of luck as they aren’t on this map – but the rest of you can see the full version here. Happy drinking!

[FOLLOW LINK . . . ]

1615293043264.png

From yesterday. They must be so proud... :D

poop.jpg

Abandoned Tube stations are one thing . . . but, now to important matters . . .

Originally published by: Alex Landon, SECRET LONDON, on 18 July 2019 (TWENTY months old !).

This Brilliant Tube Map Will Show You The Cheapest Pint Near Every Station.

This pint price map is your new best friend.

Much to our eternal dismay, not every Tube station can be Kew Gardens – the only Underground station with a pub sitting on the platform. Luckily, there’s good news in the offing, for news of this pint price map has reached our eyes. Yep, that’s a version of the Tube map redesigned for the sole purpose of finding the cheapest pint near every Tube station. Hallelujah . . . !

This noble undertaking is the work of StoreKit, and should frankly be held up as the gold standard of PR exercises: one which gets us boozed for less. The only rules are that the pints must be found at a pub (no clubs, bars, or restaurants), and it has to be the closest pub to that tube station, because we are as lazy as we are thirsty. The result is a rather exhaustive survey of 263 pubs across 270 stops (as multiple stations share the closest pub).

So, to dive right in at the cheap end, you’re going to want to head to the leafy green surroundings of Fulham Broadway or the darling of the Central line Fairlop for the most reasonable pint. Both are Wetherspoons offering a pint for £1.89, whether it be Kozel at The New Fairlop Oak, or Greene King Ruddles Best at The Oyster Rooms in Fulham – top work lads!

Naming and shaming at the other end of the scale, you’re going to want to avoid Westbourne Park. Here, the nearest boozer is The Union Tavern, whose cheapest pint is a £5.55 Frontier Lager – by no means a bad pint, but still rather more than you’d like to be paying. If you’re on the DLR or the Overground, I’m afraid you’re plumb out of luck as they aren’t on this map – but the rest of you can see the full version here. Happy drinking!

[FOLLOW LINK . . . ]

View attachment 555792

Bud light doesn't count.