All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

That's amazing - thanks for posting.

Not a microchip in sight, all mechanical and in the grand scheme of things not complicated - but brilliant.

That channel rocks - so much time going to be spent catching up on all the vids.
It has been suggested that if you gave the problem of regulating a flow of water into a cistern to a modern design engineer he would come up with a complex electrical circuit involving a computer.

Give it to a Victorian engineer and you get the ballcock.

... memories of the Top End pre-Tracy evoked! Thanks, that little lot will get the “retain” treatment.
It is only since this 18JAN2021, that I have really begun to understand and appreciate the Eagles. I have always been aware of their music . . . a number of their songs were my favourite “go to” when singing karaoke.

The Melbourne, Austrailia, “Farewell 1 Tour” video, that I found and posted in January this year 2021, was responsible for this fascination - helped by a complimentary pair of highly recommended NOKIA headphones . . . .

Their - earlier - “Farewell Tour” . . . still with Don Felder !!

It was somewhat traumatic to then subsequently learn that Glenn Fry had died, and the circumstances of his death . . . His wife/family is/was suing the hospital/doctors. :( .

Don Henley Releases Heartbreaking Statement on Glenn Frey: 'He Was Like a Brother to Me'
Glenn Frey, Eagles Guitarist, Dead at 67

Looking at those (much) earlier videos, I’ve formed the opinion that the group, and Glenn Fry in particular, have never really been shown the acclamation that he/they deserve. How such young fellas had the audacity, skill and insight, to write such thoughtful, perfectly crafted, seminal pieces of work, is beyond me.

That those songs have stood the test of time is self-evident . . . When enjoyed with the (much) later “orchestration”, brass section, strings, and guest key-board players, the significance, importance and insightfulness of those songs, is really brought home.

Having re-found those links . . . that is the rest of my day gone !! ;) .

Last edited:
Yes,the band that were so cohesive that two of the main members wouldnt walk on stage together, would only speak to each other via third parties (at the peak of their fight) and at one gig, one of them threatened the other to a fight live on stage. The atmosphere was so corrosive that Timothy Schmidt (not involved in the disputes) would get himself billed seperately on the posters. Hell of a way to run a band.

Yes,the band that were so cohesive that two of the main members wouldnt walk on stage together, would only speak to each other via third parties (at the peak of their fight) and at one gig, one of them threatened the other to a fight live on stage. The atmosphere was so corrosive that Timothy Schmidt (not involved in the disputes) would get himself billed seperately on the posters. Hell of a way to run a band.
I suppose, all the more amazing then, that the two main founding members, were responsible for, and able to create, most of the memorable catalogue of work that has stood the test of time ;) !!

Last edited:

Last edited:
FFS...footism..he was a shoo in...bit of a heel tho'

1615220890995.png

It is only since this 18JAN2021, that I have really begun to understand and appreciate the Eagles. I have always been aware of their music . . . a number of their songs were my favourite “go to” when singing karaoke.

The Melbourne, Austrailia, “Farewell 1 Tour” video, that I found and posted in January this year 2021, was responsible for this fascination - helped by a complimentary pair of highly recommended NOKIA headphones . . . .

Their - earlier - “Farewell Tour” . . . still with Don Felder !!

It was somewhat traumatic to then subsequently learn that Glenn Fry had died, and the circumstances of his death . . . His wife/family is/was suing the hospital/doctors. :( .

Don Henley Releases Heartbreaking Statement on Glenn Frey: 'He Was Like a Brother to Me'
Glenn Frey, Eagles Guitarist, Dead at 67

Looking at those (much) earlier videos, I’ve formed the opinion that the group, and Glenn Fry in particular, have never really been shown the acclamation that he/they deserve. How such young fellas had the audacity, skill and insight, to write such thoughtful, perfectly crafted, seminal pieces of work, is beyond me.

That those songs have stood the test of time is self-evident . . . When enjoyed with the (much) later “orchestration”, brass section, and guest key-board players, the significance, importance and insightfulness of those songs, is really brought home.

Having re-found those links . . . that is the rest of my day gone !! ;) .
The best thing the Eagles ever did, and I mean ever, is to ask Vince Gill to play with them. He would make anyone sound better, no matter how good they were beforehand.

One might laugh..here there have been rolling announcements on the metro and buses for a couple of days that public transport will only be operasting at 85% today because it is international woman's day. Hmmm, makes perfect sense really...causing chaos, even mildly is the forte of some people....
I don't understand. Why would your public transport be affected at all simply because it's International Women's' Day? Are all your tram drivers women or something?

Ciggie

GCM
I don't understand. Why would your public transport be affected at all simply because it's International Women's' Day? Are all your tram drivers women or something?
Exactly. The announcements totally mystified me, unless they were anticipating street demos and the calles surging with women asserting their rights, none of which I have seen...the fact that it is a grey, grim, cold and drizzly day may have had an impact...Spaniards love congregating in the street, waving things about and shouting alot when the sun's out but a spot of rain and the revolution can wait ;)

Edited to add.....tram drivers...had alot of bad press round here since the demise of Gaudi. There are trams here, totally whacky system....

Ciggie

GCM
It has been suggested that if you gave the problem of regulating a flow of water into a cistern to a modern design engineer he would come up with a complex electrical circuit involving a computer.

Give it to a Victorian engineer and you get the ballcock.
My old man, aside from being head of design at Marconi Dalgety Bay in the 70s, was a cracking car mechanic, pretty much never needed the services of a garage....until the advent of 'micro-electronics' and the purchase of a Ford Granada with chip shite which necessitated having to go to a dealer and shell out over a grand for something he could have solved for pennies had it been mechanical. Knowing full well what shite design is all about he was spitting nails.

Latest Threads