All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Kirkz

LE
MP told the 'independent body' to award them 4.5% so they could refuse it
I'd like to believe that but I don't think our MP's are that intelligent.

I'd like to believe that but I don't think our MP's are that intelligent.
They was a program on Radio 4 a few years ago and a bloke on the AF pay jobber said that they were told how much to offer and make it fit

Daz

LE
Even worse MP's were offered a 4.5 % pay rise last october worth around £3000, I admit they refused it but why are MP's worth that much but NHS staff are only worth £3.50?
A vastly different role......and vastly different numbers involved

Kirkz

LE
They was a program on Radio 4 a few years ago and a bloke on the AF pay jobber said that they were told how much to offer and make it fit
Link?

Last edited:
Can you imagine the dread and consternation if you had lived beyond the Rhine . . . and, you had heard that noise . . . . a noise that we still celebrate ;) !!
Well they started it.
They invaded Poland.

copyright B. Fawlty.

Kirkz

LE
Even worse MP's were offered a 4.5 % pay rise last october worth around £3000, I admit they refused it but why are MP's worth that much but NHS staff are only worth £3.50?
How many NHS staff are on £18,200 per annum. Apparently the starting wage for a qualified nurse (Straight out of the factory) is £26,500, with the first increment after 6 months. A so-called 'experienced nurse' (To be fair, I'm not really sure what that is), is on £32,000 pa. In the former case, a 1% increase would be just over a fiver a week and the latter would be £6.15. Still crap, but why bother exaggerating an already paltry figure?

On the other hand, I think that nurses and other staff threatening industrial action may be on dodgy ground: They are not all the much-fabled 'front line medical staff', there was not only the NHS keeping the country going, many people have lost their businesses or jobs, other public sector workers are getting 0% pay rises and treating sick people is supposed to be their flippin' job.

I am not unsympathetic, but you can deffo overplay your hand.

1614969805155.png

How many NHS staff are on £18,200 per annum. Apparent,y the starting wage for a qualified nurse (Straight ouf the factory) is £26,500, with the first increment after 6 months. A so-called 'experienced nurse' (To be fair, I'm not really sure what that is), is on £32,000 pa. IN the former case, a 1% increase would be just over a fiver a week and the latter would be £6.15. Still crap, but why bother exaggerating an already paltry figure?

On the other hand, I think that nurses and other staff threatening industrial action may be on dodgy ground: They are not all the much-fabled 'front line medical staff', there was not only the NHS keeping the country going, many people have lost their businesses or jobs, other public sector workers are getting 0% pay rises and treating sick people is supposed to be their flippin' job.

Plus they can go to the front of the queue at Aldi

How many NHS staff are on £18,200 per annum. Apparently the starting wage for a qualified nurse (Straight out of the factory) is £26,500, with the first increment after 6 months. A so-called 'experienced nurse' (To be fair, I'm not really sure what that is), is on £32,000 pa. In the former case, a 1% increase would be just over a fiver a week and the latter would be £6.15. Still crap, but why bother exaggerating an already paltry figure?

All the drivers, domestics, catering staff.. You know, the ones that are needed to keep everything actually running..

Latest Threads