All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Posted this on another thread (apologies) but further to your post...

The bloke in the driving seat below (Ted Strong (deceased)) owned his own airdrop company. Here he is 'displaying' a system that allows you to drive an ATV straight out of the back of your aircraft of choice which then descends on its own parachutes (passengers wear a parachute too as a safety measure).

To prove his confidence in the system that is his daughter sat next to him.

View attachment 554308

I was there on the DZ that day (Yuma, Arizona, 2005).
How did he die?

Dickless Mfr Potato Head.jpg

No idea who he is . . . No idea about the (TV) show to which he refers . . . but it made me smile . . .

No idea who he is . . . No idea about the (TV) show to which he refers . . . but it made me smile . . .

I think the TV show Richard Pryor is talking about is "Sanford and Son" which starred Redd Foxx the black comedian. It was based on the UK sit-com "Steptoe and Son". He apparently was a writer for that show (Sanford and Son). I suppose the "roast" was all meant to be in fun, as he went down the line of every other writer associated with the show and insulted them with racist slurs and innuendo, but I didn't like it. I'm surprised that it was ever aired on TV, even back in the 70s. It would never get an airing today.

Richard Pryor is famous for setting himself on fire while free-basing cocaine and drinking 151-proof rum on June 9 1980. Consider the source.

TamH70

MIA
I think the TV show Richard Pryor is talking about is "Sanford and Son" which starred Redd Foxx the black comedian. It was based on the UK sit-com "Steptoe and Son". He apparently was a writer for that show (Sanford and Son). I suppose the "roast" was all meant to be in fun, as he went down the line of every other writer associated with the show and insulted them with racist slurs and innuendo, but I didn't like it. I'm surprised that it was ever aired on TV, even back in the 70s. It would never get an airing today.

Richard Pryor is famous for setting himself on fire while free-basing cocaine and drinking 151-proof rum on June 9 1980. Consider the source.

He did help out Mel Brooks with Blazing Saddles. Which will always remain as the funniest Western film ever made. "I get no kick from champagne, mere alcohol doesn't thrill me at all..."

Kirkz

LE
That's half an hour from me. Lovely part of the country. I fish just up the road from there at Bigwell
You'll catch more if you fish up the river.

Latest Threads