All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Though he did leave with the the national debt at it's lowest level since the late 1930s. Though he is not my Idea of a decent chancellor by any means.
Really? When he became Chancellor in 1997 the National Debt was 37% of GDP, and when he was finally dragged kicking and screaming out of Downing Street in 2010 it was 68% of GDP and rising, excluding off balance sheet items such as PFI, with public sector spending totally out of control.

He was such a great Chancellor that during the 2014 Scottish Independence Referendum he told Scotland that if they voted to leave then they wouldn't get their full share of the national pension fund. You'd think that being Chancellor for ten years he would have known that there is no such thing as pensions are paid for from current taxation. And if there was such a thing don't you think that he would have already spent it?

He should be grateful that he wasn't Russian - they'd have shot him for economic sabotage.

Interesting one that in relation to promissory notes...Scottish banknotes in England...and sometimes vice versa. A more frustrating one was until accession to the EU, all Slovak banks and exchange offices refused to exchange Polish Zloty, dating back to the fall of communism. Until I got into the swing of it, it could be a right pain in the arse, travelling as I did frequently between the two countries. The train I used arrived in Krakow at about 0700, exchange offices - for the Poles were only too happy to deal with Slovak korun - didn't open until 0830 or 0900, so that meant a couple of riveting hours without the price of a beer and tabs coffee. Occasionally I wouldn't have time going down to SK and would arrive without korun..the solution was to give a mate with a bookshop zloty and get korun, bring back korun and get my zloty back next visit. The first time I asked him to do it he was more than willing to help, but couldn't believe such a situation existed, so he rang his bank...no explanation, so on to head office in Bratislava, through 5 levels of responsibility before getting the final word : 'It is not a valid currency'. This at a time when the zloty was dealt on all international exchanges. I have never had confirmation but I suspect the real reason was revenge for the Polish allowing the Russians through their territory to invade Czechoslovakia in 1968, supported by the Polish Army. Czechs and Slovaks never forget.
Our Workshop barman used to let us use/buy off us Sennelager's Pleasure Dome tokens (at 50% face value).
He then sold them back at 75% face value on payday

16243131-F42A-4C72-8C3C-52479B3ACB63.jpeg

Really? When he became Chancellor in 1997 the National Debt was 37% of GDP, and when he was finally dragged kicking and screaming out of Downing Street in 2010 it was 68% of GDP and rising, excluding off balance sheet items such as PFI, with public sector spending totally out of control.

He was such a great Chancellor that during the 2014 Scottish Independence Referendum he told Scotland that if they voted to leave then they wouldn't get their full share of the national pension fund. You'd think that being Chancellor for ten years he would have known that there is no such thing as pensions are paid for from current taxation. And if there was such a thing don't you think that he would have already spent it?

He should be grateful that he wasn't Russian - they'd have shot him for economic sabotage.
Ah well, I will have to admit being wrong again. I stand corrected.

1614276297141.png

She hasn't been on a diet over the couple of weeks when it was first posted, obviously never seen the comments on here.
Wasn't she wearing a white dress first time round?

1614280591305.png

152012435_10159334613352342_280927388433879143_o.jpg

Somebody give the man a Mars Bar!!!

Even that has it's roots in existing tech, like those tubes they used to have for moving paperwork and cash in some old stores and offices, and a Victorian experimental rail system.

There were many rail systems (some passenger but mostly transporting other items) that ran on exerting air pressure or running vacuum through self-sealing split rubber tubes in the 19th & 20th Cs.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds