Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

I know theres a couple of Tykes that hang about Arrrse. Love to know what you make of these tossers....
I reckon they are at least 30 years out of date musically!

GLC Walts
As a Tyke what do I make of them?
If it was up to me, pig food for preference.
Wankers.

neil82

Old-Salt
They still have to pay rent of the shops, very reduced, but.

They will be back on the high St, bursting at the seams, with all the covid dead clothing...
Don`t know if it`s nationwide but around here empty shops have to pay full business rates, charity shops pay nothing so it`s cheaper for the landlords to have a charity in paying next to nothing than to leave it vacant (plus the deterioration is lower if there is someone using it)

4vel5h.jpg

Paddle faster. I can hear banjos!

I know theres a couple of Tykes that hang about Arrrse. Love to know what you make of these tossers....
I reckon they are at least 30 years out of date musically!

GLC Walts
Pillocks. The noise they are lip-synching to is that rap crap isn't it? Not even current day rap crap.

Nah, waaaay too short-ranged. 140 miles, or 154 if you restrict yourself to a max speed of 62mph.

Not all of us live in cities and do short journeys. For me an electric car will be viable when it can do a minimum of 360 miles on a charge - for those times when I'm visiting the family and don't know where the nearest charging point is at their end. 400 or more would be better, as I've no interest in hanging around a public charging station for an hour or more part way through a journey that would otherwise be only around 3 hours duration, thanks all the same.

The same journeys by public transport would be well over 5 hours by coach. They'd only a bit longer by train - but the cost of the train ticket, well lets just say I don't want to pay so much as to almost be buying the choo-choo.

They'll also need to fit charging points on ferries and the Chunnel for cross-Channel and Irish Sea trips.
Now there's an idea . . . Drive-on "Chunnel" trains, WITHOUT the tunnel !!

Drive-on in London, and plug-in. Drive-off, 200, 300, 500, miles away . . . ?! ;) .

Survival of the fittest is a bitch unless you're a Panda - they should have been long extinct all things considered.
Any creatures too lazy to have sex to prevent extinction don't deserve to live. Turn them into hats for a two-tone Trooping the Colour with a ska soundtrack.

143392158_10158348798164221_6516610409797292549_n.jpg

142018877_10223969900532842_3907032452360360397_n.jpg

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
As a Tyke what do I make of them?
If it was up to me, pig food for preference.
Feed 'em t' Lancashire pigs - that'll learn 'em!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Nah, waaaay too short-ranged. 140 miles, or 154 if you restrict yourself to a max speed of 62mph.

Not all of us live in cities and do short journeys. For me an electric car will be viable when it can do a minimum of 360 miles on a charge - for those times when I'm visiting the family and don't know where the nearest charging point is at their end. 400 or more would be better, as I've no interest in hanging around a public charging station for an hour or more part way through a journey that would otherwise be only around 3 hours duration, thanks all the same.

The same journeys by public transport would be well over 5 hours by coach. They'd only a bit longer by train - but the cost of the train ticket, well lets just say I don't want to pay so much as to almost be buying the choo-choo.

They'll also need to fit charging points on ferries and the Chunnel for cross-Channel and Irish Sea trips.
Last time I used a ferry, it had charging points, after all they have massive generators on board
DFDS

How far on average do you drive in a day?
The video did say it wasn't based on long trips, it was based on driving aroud 20 to 30 miles a day.
If you're driving 300 plus miles a day it's not for you.
A relative has an electric car, they live on Mull, it charges mainly from the solar cells on the house, if they need to go any distance they hire a small petrol car from Oban