Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

HE117

LE
I was curious about what triggered the suicide vest. Don't believe just a bullet would. Happy to be put right :)
Depends on what the vest is filled with.. If it was TNT, you would have to hit a detonator or something sensitive.. If however the vest is filled with crappy mining explosive, then perhaps not!

You also need to understand that the firing circuits of these devices are seldom built to NATO/UN/EU standards and often have an inherent "random pink mist" capablity!

It is visible in the mirror.It looks like a black line going vertically down PMBJ's shirt.
Eejit.

I spotted in about 2 seconds myself. As usual The Leftwaffe are howling "Conspiracy!"

I can drive my care through this!

endure

GCM
pjw.JPG

ISTR the Players detonating car bombs by firing a round through 2 separated metal plates to complete a circuit. Usually behind the number plate.

Seems a bit erm, agricultural. Surely the round being fired would give away their location, which must, of necessity, not be all that far away.

I don’t know if I find it amusing or bewildering, but there was (is?) a phase of using mobile phone ringers to initiate IEDs. Just call a burner phone, and boom! Now with the prevalence of telemarketing nonsense, where their dialers sequentially dial all the numbers in a block, the chances of being prematurely blown up/device initiated at in opportune moments must make that method a bit dicey. I get 3 or 4 a day.

In North America and some of the Caribbean, you can’t immediately tell from the area code whether a number is mobile or not, like in the UK where 07 series are mostly mobiles. North American numbers are of the form 123-456-7890 where 123 is the area code (eg 212 for NYC, 404 for Atlanta etc), 456 is the Numbering Plan Area (subdivision of the area code), and 7890 is the individual line. Blocks of NPAs within an Area code are allocated to mobiles. So for example, my home phone (which I don’t have, but still..) might be 865-908-2378. 865 is my area (Knoxville metropolitan area), 908 is my town within that area and 2378 is my specific line. My mobile is 865-454-3333 (fictitious last 4). All 865-454 numbers are mobiles. So the twats just block dial all 865-454 numbers, with a different 865-454 number as the calling line. It looks like it’s a local number. I imagine that would be most problematic for using phones to initiate IEDs, at least using the ringer to initiate it.

Oyibo

LE
I was curious about what triggered the suicide vest. Don't believe just a bullet would. Happy to be put right :)

A dead man's handle/button - they used to be popular for SVIEDs

Seems a bit erm, agricultural. Surely the round being fired would give away their location, which must, of necessity, not be all that far away.

I don’t know if I find it amusing or bewildering, but there was (is?) a phase of using mobile phone ringers to initiate IEDs. Just call a burner phone, and boom! Now with the prevalence of telemarketing nonsense, where their dialers sequentially dial all the numbers in a block, the chances of being prematurely blown up/device initiated at in opportune moments must make that method a bit dicey. I get 3 or 4 a day.

In North America and some of the Caribbean, you can’t immediately tell from the area code whether a number is mobile or not, like in the UK where 07 series are mostly mobiles. North American numbers are of the form 123-456-7890 where 123 is the area code (eg 212 for NYC, 404 for Atlanta etc), 456 is the Numbering Plan Area (subdivision of the area code), and 7890 is the individual line. Blocks of NPAs within an Area code are allocated to mobiles. So for example, my home phone (which I don’t have, but still..) might be 865-908-2378. 865 is my area (Knoxville metropolitan area), 908 is my town within that area and 2378 is my specific line. My mobile is 865-454-3333 (fictitious last 4). All 865-454 numbers are mobiles. So the twats just block dial all 865-454 numbers, with a different 865-454 number as the calling line. It looks like it’s a local number. I imagine that would be most problematic for using phones to initiate IEDs, at least using the ringer to initiate it.

It was probably a thing of it’s time.

Before mobile phones were a thing, if they wanted to initiate an IED in command, the main choices were command wire (which could be found during search) or using radio-controlled IED (which could be jammed by ECM).

Can’t jam a bullet.

Certainly agricultural, but prior to mobile phones, pretty reliable. Most folks can hit a number plate from 100m and the big bang happens before the little bang arrives. No worries about timers and no command wires to follow. If your target doesn’t show, get in the car and drive it away for the next time...

A dead man's handle/button - they used to be popular for SVIEDs

That's a good point. It would also 'encourage' any would-be martyr that was having second thoughts about getting stuck into the 20 virgins.

Kirkz

LE
Seems to have turned into the post any old shite found on line thread.

Ciggie

GCM
I recently finished reading a book called How To Be A Canadian by Will and Ian Fergusson, Canadian author brothers. First US edition 2003. It's one of those formulaic info-'comedy' things...more informative than funny mostly it has to be said.

In the light of recent ongoings in relation to racism etc. on here, the following passage is most interesting. I wonder whether it would have got into print today. ( lovingly copied out in my own shaky typescript...see what lengths I go to for you fuckers ;) ...)

Ian was once in an elevator in downtown Toronto and the only other occupant was a dear old lady who kept asking him if he knew her grandson. The elevator doors were about to close when a smartly-dressed young woman came running up. The elderly lady immediately stopped the doors with her cane and called out ' Come on in sweetie '. The younger woman got on and glared at the older woman 'I think that was very rude' she said.

Ian was agog. What could this well-tailored. ill-mannered woman have to be insulted about ? He waited until the grandma, obviously flustered, got off on her floor and then asked the wounded party what had set her off. Well, it turned out that although her family had been in Canada since Christ went down with the Titanic, her last name was Svenson or something. She was of Swedish extraction, you see, and she thought the old woman was making a racial slur 'Sweetie / Swedie' Got it ? And no, we aren't kidding.

So, hell, Ian did the only thing he could do. Which was to tell this woman to take her IKEA-buying, herring-eating, ABBA-playing, sauna-sweating, meatball-eatingass back to wherever it was she came from. Which, as it turned out, was Mississauga. Those damned Swedes. We let them in, give them jobs and the next thing you knowthey're taking over. This used to be a great country until those ' Swedies' moved in.

Quoted verbatim. Racist ? What do you think ? More importantly, what will the Facefuck gestapo think as I post it there !!!!

Ciggie

GCM
I think the flan has probably sunk...

Ciggie

GCM
It's that bloke who designs the funny product labels again...you have to hand it to him, he's very good !!!

142290544_10225034342556614_6047617800511198024_o.jpg

Latest Threads