All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

573E7BB1-BCA8-4887-93BF-C5BA245EFD80.jpeg

yep, shoite photoshopping, but it amused me...

Adam Mattocks is the only aviator to bail out of a B-52 cockpit without an ejector seat and survive. The B-52, carrying two 3.8-megaton H-bombs, crashed in North Carolina. Upon reaching an Air Force base to explain his story, Mattocks, an African-American, was arrested for stealing a parachute.

Okay, I'll ask the obvious: what happens if they have to pull the trigger at any time? Do they start going backwards and fall over hilariously?

By coincidence I saw the remains of an Isis patrol just after they'd attacked a Kurdish position we were at in Manbij in Syria. There were a 3 intact (ish) bodies* and then a circle of body parts surrounding a detonation scar. Apparently the same thing had happened: One bloke in a suicide vest advancing on the Kurds position had been hit and the device went off a bit previous and took out his colleagues too.

*One of whom had a very nice pair of leather sandals in his kit , which I still have.

hoofie

Clanker

Adam Mattocks is the only aviator to bail out of a B-52 cockpit without an ejector seat and survive. The B-52, carrying two 3.8-megaton H-bombs, crashed in North Carolina. Upon reaching an Air Force base to explain his story, Mattocks, an African-American, was arrested for stealing a parachute.
I thought he was arrested because he had lost his pass bailing out and the only way to enter a SAC base without a pass was whilst under arrest.

The Mirror lifted the story from the Star. Thereby doubling down on the factual accuracy of the event.
I was curious about what triggered the suicide vest. Don't believe just a bullet would. Happy to be put right :)

Latest Threads