Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

573E7BB1-BCA8-4887-93BF-C5BA245EFD80.jpeg

yep, shoite photoshopping, but it amused me...

Adam Mattocks is the only aviator to bail out of a B-52 cockpit without an ejector seat and survive. The B-52, carrying two 3.8-megaton H-bombs, crashed in North Carolina. Upon reaching an Air Force base to explain his story, Mattocks, an African-American, was arrested for stealing a parachute.

Okay, I'll ask the obvious: what happens if they have to pull the trigger at any time? Do they start going backwards and fall over hilariously?

By coincidence I saw the remains of an Isis patrol just after they'd attacked a Kurdish position we were at in Manbij in Syria. There were a 3 intact (ish) bodies* and then a circle of body parts surrounding a detonation scar. Apparently the same thing had happened: One bloke in a suicide vest advancing on the Kurds position had been hit and the device went off a bit previous and took out his colleagues too.

*One of whom had a very nice pair of leather sandals in his kit , which I still have.

hoofie

Swinger

Adam Mattocks is the only aviator to bail out of a B-52 cockpit without an ejector seat and survive. The B-52, carrying two 3.8-megaton H-bombs, crashed in North Carolina. Upon reaching an Air Force base to explain his story, Mattocks, an African-American, was arrested for stealing a parachute.
I thought he was arrested because he had lost his pass bailing out and the only way to enter a SAC base without a pass was whilst under arrest.

The Mirror lifted the story from the Star. Thereby doubling down on the factual accuracy of the event.
I was curious about what triggered the suicide vest. Don't believe just a bullet would. Happy to be put right :)

Latest Threads