Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

IMG-20210120-WA0016.jpg

Dubai Lamps ??
I had never heard of them before
"Dubai Lamps", made by Philips exclusively for Dubai. They last longer, are brighter and more efficient than any other consumer LED bulb. All other LED bulbs, even from Philips themselves are designed to fail early because they run them at a higher voltage than Dubai lamps.

Seems Philips had an arrangement with Dubai for an exclusive five year contract so only their bulbs could be used in the city!!

He is gen.
Ex 21 SAS (Ebay Regiment) Volunteer.
69 Para(The Walts) Beret in side trousers pocket
Commissioned through John's Army Surplus (Horley Det).
Served in Macds & KFC in Crawley on a Friday night.
Got to love those combat sandals.
Presumably he's just flown in from somewhere sandy?

"Dubai Lamps", made by Philips exclusively for Dubai. They last longer, are brighter and more efficient than any other consumer LED bulb. All other LED bulbs, even from Philips themselves are designed to fail early because they run them at a higher voltage than Dubai lamps.

Seems Philips had an arrangement with Dubai for an exclusive five year contract so only their bulbs could be used in the city!!
I went on a jolly to Phillip's one day. They supply the lights for Buckingham Palace

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I went on a jolly to Phillip's one day. They supply the lights for Buckingham Palace
My Uncle Vic Bombed the factory at Eindhoven
the away team were using it to make enigma and other high end kit
I visited the factory some years ago, its very smart and full of techno companies and bright young things
I took a photo and sent it to my Uncle
his comment
our aim must have been a bit off !!!

My Uncle Vic Bombed the factory at Eindhoven
the away team were using it to make enigma and other high end kit
I visited the factory some years ago, its very smart and full of techno companies and bright young things
I took a photo and sent it to my Uncle
his comment
our aim must have been a bit off !!!
Its where PSV Eindhoven started, Philip's Sporting Club

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
well thats another bit of knowledge for me
I am not a football follower, but have heard the name
did you know that Eindhoven has twice the national average of people with Aspergers, compared to the other two main industrial cities ?
They seem to think that the type of person that designs and creates things is that way inclined
its a lovely city

My first job ever was working for Comet when it was a private company; our branch football team got an invite to play a team from Philips. Not the first team obviously but invite was declined due to potential gubbing we would have got.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
4c24935192e311b934a7f603a53d4b3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Latest Threads