Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

@BossHogg - Dumb Q. I know you chaps aren’t Rozzers, and deal with the fallout from accidents, breakdowns, weather etc, in the main. But what do you do when you see super-illegal stuff? I imagine you don’t give a shite if some bloke overtakes you at 80. Or even 90. But when they’re doing north of 100, or you see a dangerous vehicle (eg loose load, no lights at night etc), do you bubble them to the Po-Po?

I would imagine it depends on where the nearest police vehicle is, as to whether they can/will do anything about it, if you do. If there’s one Police motorway patrol for the county, and they’re in the south while you see Barry Sheene doing 120 going north, there’s not much to be done, is there?

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
@BossHogg - Dumb Q. I know you chaps aren’t Rozzers, and deal with the fallout from accidents, breakdowns, weather etc, in the main. But what do you do when you see super-illegal stuff? I imagine you don’t give a shite if some bloke overtakes you at 80. Or even 90. But when they’re doing north of 100, or you see a dangerous vehicle (eg loose load, no lights at night etc), do you bubble them to the Po-Po?

I would imagine it depends on where the nearest police vehicle is, as to whether they can/will do anything about it, if you do. If there’s one Police motorway patrol for the county, and they’re in the south while you see Barry Sheene doing 120 going north, there’s not much to be done, is there?
BH says he pootles about at 55/60 mph.
I wonder if he ever gets a chance to get the rev counter up on the red.

Traffic officers have the power to stop and direct traffic. So I guess potentially they could stop a vehicle with an insecure load or no lights to advise the driver accordingly. Assuming they could get in front of the vehicle in the first place - for an insecure load, staying behind it might be the best option, to protect following traffic should the load actually fall off.

Stopping speeders is no no AIUI.

I had 2 cars racing past me in excess of 100mph a few days ago, I tagged in the in car CCTV and radioed my control and passed it to the local police for their attention. We carry out a safety intervention on vehicles with dangerous faults/ loose loads etc and let the driver rectify them or call recovery.

Traffic officers have the power to stop and direct traffic. So I guess potentially they could stop a vehicle with an insecure load or no lights to advise the driver accordingly. Assuming they could get in front of the vehicle in the first place - for an insecure load, staying behind it might be the best option, to protect following traffic should the load actually fall off.

Stopping speeders is no no AIUI.
We always carry out safety interventions from the rear of the vehicle in case we have to put on a rolling block to stop traffic.

BH says he pootles about at 55/60 mph.
I wonder if he ever gets a chance to get the rev counter up on the red.
The Discos are no slouches when it comes to leaving the hard shoulder, they can muster a fair turn of speed when you poke the old go faster pedal.

There's a lot of suspicious dogging location information being circulated here today. :p

Would love to make an RC model X Wing or Millennium Falcon

I'd also love to build a BTTF Delorean

Closest I got was a papermodel X-Wing. Quite proud of it. Plans off the net.
One day I'll get around to this:

m41model05 (1).jpg

Do the Ellen Ripley version with the gaffer taped flamethrower and attached tracker.
I haven't done any for years! I do remember seeing a tracker model.

I thought this may have utility in the Army be it for recruits in basic trg or in a working Unit. Perhaps renamed by DE&S as the MOD-Beam?

For some reason I find this rather therapeutic.

Stick with it, it may work for you too.