Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Kirkz

LE
The cost of a first class stamp will rise by 9p to 85p on 1 January, Royal Mail has announced.

Bugger.
Isn't it...

20201201_183316_copy_1008x756.jpg

it's not like you're taking one letter. You're moving millions nationwide every day, as well as parcels and the kicker is that you can't refuse to pay and they can raise the price anytime they like. They have you by the balls. Also, it doesnt matter if the letter goes a thousand miles or one mile, it's still 85p.
No they can't they have to ask the regulator.
The reason distance doesn't matter is the profit on the short covers the loss on the long.

Ciggie

GCM
There is actuallky a sign in English on the platform of Placa Espanya metro that says ' Stay away from the curb'. Like a good little obeyer I do...I stay away from curbs on civil liberties and do not wear a mask unless I have no choice but to use private property where the owners have the legal right to impose regulations on users. Be assured they would lose my custom in an instant if there was an alternative.

I wholeheartedly support this initiative.

I want to know if it works and what side effects there are before they give it to me.

This is one area where they can be a special case and have priority.
Do you understand the difference between a test and a vaccine? As far as I know, most swab tests don't have side-effects.

Ciggie

GCM
The cost of a first class stamp will rise by 9p to 85p on 1 January, Royal Mail has announced.

Bugger.
Postal charges are fecking redic these days...a couple of months ago I sent a birthday prezzie to one of my best mates in the UK, weighed about a kilo.....no, no, no, not what you think at all ;) and it cost about 22 Euros. Last week sent a birthday card to someone else in the UK and it was 1.75 euros...they asked me if I wanted tracking, which on both occasions I declined...fuck knows how much they would have ripped me off for, for that nonsense. Tracking? Right. So you know where it got knocked off, destroyed or otherwise fucked. Brilliant.

Last edited:
Isn't it...

View attachment 525419

No they can't they have to ask the regulator.
The reason distance doesn't matter is the profit on the short covers the loss on the long.
Bet you paid for them right? All I had to do to get a sheet of 2019 XMas 1st class stamps was
a packet of shortbread as a XMas pressie for the Postman. Cost me a £1. Used half and rest still valid for use.

Kirkz

LE
Bet you paid for them right? All I had to do to get a sheet of 2019 XMas 1st class stamps was
a packet of shortbread as a XMas pressie for the Postman. Cost me a £1. Used half and rest still valid for use.
No, I get two sheets free every year, the ones at the bottom are what's left from last year and I gave a few to my Mum for her to send cards with.

Postal charges are fecking redic these days...a couple of months ago I sent a birthday prezzie to one of my best mates in the UK, weighed about a kilo.....no, no, no, not what you think at all ;) and it cost about 22 Euros. Last week sent a birthday card to someone else in the UK and it was 1.75 euros...they asked me if I wanted tracking, which on both occasions I declined...**** knows how much they would have ripped me off for, for that nonsense. Tracking? Right. So you know where it got knocked off, destroyed or otherwise fucked. Brilliant.
How much is that kilo of Moroccan Black costing to me in postage?

It likes you..
Aye, that it did ... it recognised fairly quickly that a) I wasn’t the b4stard that ran it over with the forklift and broke its back when a pup, and b) I wasn’t gunna huck rocks at it to make it piss orf ... unfortunately, when I went back a couple of days later “sorry, Sahib, but dog has gone” probably into the pot. B4stards.

Last edited:
As I promised here: https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/all-internet-links-videos-pictures-in-here-only.103186/post-10416908
...I tried a surgical mask, to test the effects of going out to buy some bog-roll.

Blood O₂ saturation was down from an un-masked 98%, to 97% (very occasionally dipping to 96%). The inside of the mask was also noticeably less ‘hot and steamy’. It appears that even though the medical mask has better filtration ability it also has less resistance to breath flow.

The conclusion seems to be that gear designed for the task is better (duh!), but there is still some relatively minor interference with the O₂/CO₂ balance when you wear a face-covering. The ‘pro’ mask got a bit soggy like the cotton one after about half an hour, so I stand by my breeding-ground-for-nasties opinion. You’re probably much more likely to ditch the paper mask after a single use, though, so it’s a lot less of an issue.

I realise that I should probably have posted this on a more relevant thread. I blame COVID, or BREXIT, (or brasso), or something.

Latest Threads