Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Ciggie

GCM
In ancient Greece, drunkeness was highly disapproved of and it was quite usual to put water in the wine when the festivity is going late into the night ( and still is in Crete )
No, that's just because they are stingy cunts.

I think it's a cute name.

Attachments

• 20180503--512x394.jpg
    20180503--512x394.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 47

Ciggie

GCM
I think it's a cute name.
The manufacturers are still very much in business. What was IG Farben has been broken down into innocuous subsidiaries. The executives responsible for manufacturing things like that, employing slave labour etc. were largely given light financial slaps on the wrist or laughable prison sentences. BASF ? That's them.

The manufacturers are still very much in business. What was IG Farben has been broken down into innocuous subsidiaries. The executives responsible for manufacturing things like that, employing slave labour etc. were largely given light financial slaps on the wrist or laughable prison sentences. BASF ? That's them.

I can't express the hatred I have of the things giftgas is associated with so I shall be moving along.

No, that's just because they are stingy cnuts.

They dont serve it that way - it was up to you to make sure you didnt get too shitfaced, hence adding water to wine yourself when you realised that time was upon you.

We are pissheads as we are a beer-based culture ( boiled water + fermentables ) as beer can only work if the water is untainted.

Wine is from pressed fruit.

Londo

On ROPS
On ROPs

Ciggie

GCM
They dont serve it that way - it was up to you to make sure you didnt get too shitfaced, hence adding water to wine yourself when you realised that time was upon you.

We are pissheads as we are a beer-based culture ( boiled water + fermentables ) as beer can only work if the water is untainted.

Wine is from pressed fruit.
Oh Lordy... Slovak weddings....watering yer own booze ??? You'd be crucified. The typical nuptial pissup starts circa 1800-1900 and lasts until 0300-0400 and goes in stages....warm-up drinkie...about an hour or so; huge fuck-off meal complete with wine etc; dancing, muisic, drinking, voddie, slivo, serious shit, wine, take yer pic; more choff, serious drinking, more choff, reeling, 'Who the fuck am I and where the fuck am I and what am I doing here ', departure- if valued guest, with big box of cakes and a bottle of vodka. Why it took me 25 years and Spain to get a heart attack I don't know...been to quite a few Slovak weddings and ironically mine was in Poland, to a Slovak, so a bit subdued.

Oh Lordy... Slovak weddings....watering yer own booze ??? You'd be crucified. The typical nuptial pissup starts circa 1800-1900 and lasts until 0300-0400 and goes in stages....warm-up drinkie...about an hour or so; huge ****-off meal complete with wine etc; dancing, muisic, drinking, voddie, slivo, serious shit, wine, take yer pic; more choff, serious drinking, more choff, reeling, 'Who the **** am I and where the **** am I and what am I doing here ', departure- if valued guest, with big box of cakes and a bottle of vodka. Why it took me 25 years and Spain to get a heart attack I don't know...been to quite a few Slovak weddings and ironically mine was in Poland, to a Slovak, so a bit subdued.

Sounds like fun and I am well up for enjoying a local wedding, Christening (+ equivelents ) and even funerals.
That's when you really start to get to know your host country.

But Greeks are not Slavs - there is a big cultural separation
And if you take it to Crete, the oldest Culture known on this planet, it has only been a part of Greece for just over one Century, 5-6 generations.

Isn't History and Slivo and Tsikoudia and being invited to a wedding by people who cannot even speak your language wonderful

Latest Threads