Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

This would do the job easier...

1606336813944.png

HE117

LE
I never fired the 40/60, only the 40/70, and there are differences. That first lever used to open the breech for the first round was IIRC a rotary lever with a snap out wooden handle,and there was a feed lever at the bottom of the ammo hopper to feed in past the pawls. Nice animation though.
Don't forget the Samuri Sword and the No1's tool!

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
126538417_1596580360527090_5217031603354480335_n.jpg

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
23905447_10155144462019109_9066545167728126230_n.jpg

Don't forget the Samuri Sword and the No1's tool!
I can't remember anything about a Samurai sword, and we don't like to talk about L/Bdr McGlunchy.

Especially after the incident with the Genny drive belt and his fingers.

HE117

LE
I can't remember anything about a Samurai sword, and we don't like to talk about L/Bdr McGlunchy.

It was a long narrow tray you shoved up the back of the gun to remove the round on the loading tray..

The No 1's tool was an L shaped bar that he used to lever a round out of the breech if the extractors ripped through the rim on a misfire..

Held.....!

We used to love getting the plank NIGS to try and jump start a Genny

It was a long narrow tray you shoved up the back of the gun to remove the round on the loading tray..

The No 1's tool was an L shaped bar that he used to lever a round out of the breech if the extractors ripped through the rim on a misfire..

Held.....!
Can't remember ever seeing the No 1's tool being used for that purpose, but do now remember the sword thingy. We had a round separate just before feeding into the breech, and had to very gently remove the shell, case and lots of propellant granules using that sword. I had the dubious pleasure of carrying the whole damned thing to a safe distance, as I was acting as Troop Officer for that shoot at Manorbier.