Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Bootom

Old-Salt
[DRIFT] [/PERSEC]

I know that one close friend has a similarly “robust” relationship with his own wife, to that which I have to endure with Mrs RCT(V) TWO.

As other friends - and relatives - choose to disguise (hide!) the “confrontational” nature of their domestic relationships, I had thought that I was unusual/alone, in having to endure the changed attitude/atmosphere, from that which originally persuaded me to (again) take the plunge into marital “bliss” twenty-two years ago :( .

Reading these recent comments has been a revelation . . . greatly received ;) .

I clearly forgot my own earlier comment that . . . .

“Women are all the same – they only look different, so that we know which one is ours”

[/DRIFT] [PERSEC]
I think you may have the wrong end of the stick. What I typed was very much tongue in cheek. My better half and myself have been together for the best part of forty years, during which time there have been so much laughter in our lives. We take the mickey out of ourselves without malice. Humour is a large part of our lives, making each other laugh is part and parcel of our life together, our jibes to each other are made with a smile on our faces, there is no malice and no offence is taken. Luckily, our kids have the same outlook on life.
We work on the mantra laugh at yourself first, then others around you will enjoy the banter.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
So few people … little vehicular traffic … no “ Street Furniture “ … hats , hats and more hats … gas lights … no litter and not a fast food outlet in sight … then things changed … not necessarily for the better .
All I saw was about 10 minutes of unadulterated white privilege....... along with buildings, statues, shops, motor vehicles and a nation rebuilding itself after a World War and Spanish Influenza.

Where was the BBC BAME balance in that piece of propaganda?

1603437943752.png

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Retired Major of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, takes on a challenge
the mad major is rowing 100 miles in a boat he constructed himself, using some very strange materials
adapt improvise and overcome
not bad for an 80 year old
Michael Stanley is rowing 100 miles along the Chichester canal in West Sussex in aid of St Wilfrids Hospice

1603438464280.png

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Stolen Family medals re united with family
William Waldrons seven medals, including the D.S.M. his cigarette case and the origional box were stolen in a house burglary in Bath in 2015
William passed away last November
The family lost hope of ever finding them, however his daughter Kate during an idle half hour googled his name, only to find that the medals had recently been sold at auction for £1,200 !
It seems they were purchased at a car boot sale
(poor due diligence on the part of the auctioneers though ?)

1603439851705.png

aardvark64

War Hero

Stolen Family medals re united with family
William Waldrons seven medals, including the D.S.M. his cigarette case and the origional box were stolen in a house burglary in Bath in 2015
William passed away last November
The family lost hope of ever finding them, however his daughter Kate during an idle half hour googled his name, only to find that the medals had recently been sold at auction for £1,200 !
It seems they were purchased at a car boot sale
(poor due diligence on the part of the auctioneers though ?)

View attachment 514343
Excellent news.
That's brought a little smile to my face.

HE117

LE
Excellent stuff... Spot the shots of the photographers girlfriend in each shot.. and the stride and speed of the walking public.!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Sad news
a retired member of the Senior Service has his award cancelled and annuled, also he now gets bed and breakfast courtesy of Her Majesty
for his despicable actions involving his stepson

"The Queen has directed that the appointment of Iain Cochrane Shepherd to be a Member of the Civil Division of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, dated June 13 2015, shall be cancelled and annulled and that his name shall be erased from the Register of the said Order."

An inspiration at least for Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs.

Gein served as the inspiration for myriad fictional serial killers, most notably Norman Bates (Psycho), Leatherface (The Texas Chain Saw Massacre), Buffalo Bill (The Silence of the Lambs) and the character Dr. Oliver Thredson in the TV series American Horror Story: Asylum.

Sad news
a retired member of the Senior Service has his award cancelled and annuled, also he now gets bed and breakfast courtesy of Her Majesty
for his despicable actions involving his stepson

"The Queen has directed that the appointment of Iain Cochrane Shepherd to be a Member of the Civil Division of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, dated June 13 2015, shall be cancelled and annulled and that his name shall be erased from the Register of the said Order."
Is the sad part the removal of the award, or his criminal activity?

Latest Threads