Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

1603017935889.png

:rofl:

Published by: James Copperfield, POLITICAL UK, on 16 October 2020.

7 Frontbench Labour MPs Quit.

Seven Labour frontbench MPs have quit after voting against the governments Covert Human Intelligence Sources Bill.

Senior Labour party officials had called for MPs to abstain from voting instead of voting against the Covert Human Intelligence Sources Bill.

A total of 7 frontbench Labour MPs have since quit their roles in protest that the party did not counter the legislation being put forward by the government.

The Covert Human Intelligence Sources Bill is designed to protect UK spies on operations and ensure that they do not face ramifications if forced to break the law.

The Bill will cover 13 law enforcement and government agencies, including the police, the National Crime Agency, the armed forces and the Prison Service.

Several MPs have since quit their roles, but not as MPs. They are as follows:

Dan Carden, Shadow treasury minister
Margaret Greenwood, Shadow education minister
Navendu Mishra, PPS Angela Rayner
Sarah Owen, PPS FCO
Kim Johnson, PPS Angela Rayner
Mary Foy, PPS Employment
Rachel Hopkins, PPS Women & Equalities

Justifying his decision to rebel and quit his role as Shadow Treasury minister, Mr Carden explained in a letter to the Labour leader: “On this occasion, I am resolute that as a matter of conscience I must use my voice and my vote on behalf of my constituents to object to legislation that sets dangerous new precedents on the role of law and civil liberties in this country.”

Kier Starmer has been criticised in the past for supporting government measures but not voting in favour of them in parliament, instead, choosing to abstain and urge Labour MPs to follow suit.

Published by: James Copperfield, POLITICAL UK, on 16 October 2020.

7 Frontbench Labour MPs Quit.

Seven Labour frontbench MPs have quit after voting against the governments Covert Human Intelligence Sources Bill.

Senior Labour party officials had called for MPs to abstain from voting instead of voting against the Covert Human Intelligence Sources Bill.

A total of 7 frontbench Labour MPs have since quit their roles in protest that the party did not counter the legislation being put forward by the government.

The Covert Human Intelligence Sources Bill is designed to protect UK spies on operations and ensure that they do not face ramifications if forced to break the law.

The Bill will cover 13 law enforcement and government agencies, including the police, the National Crime Agency, the armed forces and the Prison Service.

Several MPs have since quit their roles, but not as MPs. They are as follows:

Dan Carden, Shadow treasury minister
Margaret Greenwood, Shadow education minister
Navendu Mishra, PPS Angela Rayner
Sarah Owen, PPS FCO
Kim Johnson, PPS Angela Rayner
Mary Foy, PPS Employment
Rachel Hopkins, PPS Women & Equalities

Justifying his decision to rebel and quit his role as Shadow Treasury minister, Mr Carden explained in a letter to the Labour leader: “On this occasion, I am resolute that as a matter of conscience I must use my voice and my vote on behalf of my constituents to object to legislation that sets dangerous new precedents on the role of law and civil liberties in this country.”

Kier Starmer has been criticised in the past for supporting government measures but not voting in favour of them in parliament, instead, choosing to abstain and urge Labour MPs to follow suit.

This was days ago, hardly breaking news. I believe Sir Kneelalot has already dug into the bottom of the barrel to replace them.

Spotted in Londonderry. No, it's not a birthday greeting, it's how many cocks a Bogside slapper has had. This week weekend.
jfirqdp87pt51.jpg

Sexton Blake

War Hero
images.jpg

The “sound-track” of my adolescent teenage years . . . and beyond!

"All Hail" . . . Mr Berry Gordy . . . and, Smoky Robinson.

I have always been familiar with (most of) the music, but this brought everything together.

Wonderful!

"A look at the birth of Motown in Detroit in 1958 until its relocation to Los Angeles in the early 1970s. Featuring rare performances, interviews and behind-the-scenes footage offer insight into the history and cultural impact of Motown Records".

Initial release: 24 August 2019

Directors: Benjamin Turner, Gabe Turner

Awards: NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Documentary -Television
1603053306087.png

"More firmer dates and details have been released by Showtime on their upcoming documentary film Hitsville: The Making Of Motown, with the first TV broadcast scheduled for 24 August 2019

Hitsville: The Making Of Motown is the Showtime documentary film that looks at Motown during the period beginning with the birth of Motown in Detroit in 1958 until its relocation to Los Angeles in the early 1970s.

Directed by British directors brothers Benjamin and Gabe Turner this feature-length film is being billed as the definite article. The film includes previously unseen footage from the label archives and Berry Gordy's personal collection. Universal Music Group involvement means that the films makers have had access to the label's vast catalog of songs by the Supremes, Stevie Wonder, the Temptations, Marvin Gaye and others".

hitsville - the making of motown - Google Search

Last edited:
The “sound-track” of my adolescent teenage years . . . and beyond!

"All Hail" . . . Mr Barry Gordy . . . and, Smoky Robinson.

I have always been familiar with (most of) the music, but this brought everything together.

Wonderful!

"A look at the birth of Motown in Detroit in 1958 until its relocation to Los Angeles in the early 1970s. Featuring rare performances, interviews and behind-the-scenes footage offer insight into the history and cultural impact of Motown Records".

Initial release: 24 August 2019

Directors: Benjamin Turner, Gabe Turner

Awards: NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Documentary -Television
View attachment 513243
"More firmer dates and details have been released by Showtime on their upcoming documentary film Hitsville: The Making Of Motown, with the first TV broadcast scheduled for 24 August 2019

Hitsville: The Making Of Motown is the Showtime documentary film that looks at Motown during the period beginning with the birth of Motown in Detroit in 1958 until its relocation to Los Angeles in the early 1970s.

Directed by British directors brothers Benjamin and Gabe Turner this feature-length film is being billed as the definite article. The film includes previously unseen footage from the label archives and Berrys Gordy's personal collection. Universal Music Group involvement means that the films makers have had access to the label's vast catalog of songs by the Supremes, Stevie Wonder, the Temptations, Marvin Gaye and others".

hitsville - the making of motown - Google Search
Barry Gordy? Berrys Gordy? Who's are they? Are they any relation to Berry Gordy Jr?

Last edited:

Latest Threads