Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Ciggie

GCM
121658902_10217268805569508_8919375632327705995_n.jpg

Right, I'll put all yez who had a go out of your misery. The only reason I posted that pic of a bit of shoreline was because had I not been told where it was I would have been, as you chaps, utterly stymied. The answer is........... Peru !!!! I've got a couple of incredibly distant 'relatives', going by our rather unusual family name who post on a family page on Facefuck and are Peruvian. Some of us must have snuck across with the Taffies to Patagonia and legged it to Peru when Pinochet got going ;)

Paddington bear is your relative? Bugger.

endure

GCM

Right, I'll put all yez who had a go out of your misery. The only reason I posted that pic of a bit of shoreline was because had I not been told where it was I would have been, as you chaps, utterly stymied. The answer is........... Peru !!!! I've got a couple of incredibly distant 'relatives', going by our rather unusual family name who post on a family page on Facefuck and are Peruvian. Some of us must have snuck across with the Taffies to Patagonia and legged it to Peru when Pinochet got going ;)
Is it bollocks Peru. There's not a single marmalade sandwich anywhere in sight.

What happened to the Lancasters used on the Dambuster Raid.​

I would have thought that they would have saved Guy Gibson plane

Thanks for that .... and I read the link and took particular note of the reference to trials at Ashley Walk testing forward rotating " Bouncing Bombs " for possible use against beach and similar targets .... slight thread drift see below similar trials by Mosquito aircraft ,,,,, the aircrew and spectators must also have had balls of steel ...

Thanks for that .... and I read the link and took particular note of the reference to trials at Ashley Walk testing forward rotating " Bouncing Bombs " for possible use against beach and similar targets .... slight thread drift see below similar trials by Mosquito aircraft ,,,,, the aircrew and spectators must also have had balls of steel ...

618 was a thing but their thingy was too secret to be actually used. See: Canal Light and Computers.

618 was a thing but their thingy was too secret to be actually used. See: Canal Light and Computers.

I was aware of the Tank Mounted Canal Light , Leigh Light mounted on aircraft and Jasper Maskelyn's proposal to hide the Suez Canal by dazzling Pilots ... was there a proposal to fit RAF aircraft with a variation of the Canal Light to confuse / blind the enemy ?

ETA I was aware of 618 and Highball .... that was reverse spin and designed for attacks on shipping .

Last edited:
Not that I'm aware of, I just used it as an example of something too secret to be actually discussed at the time let alone have its capability known to those that might use it.

I see now what you mean , I may have read to deeply into your Post . .

Latest Threads