Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

HE117

LE
Are The Louden and The Bristol Bar more your kind of thing? We're not short of pubs and as the one in my previous post is one of the two main watering holes for Teuchters and Islanders and one of the few places I've ever heard people conversing in the Gaelic it doesn't bother me. I did boycott it when Tam McGraw had it, as I try not to give money to gangsters.

Bristol Bar Duke St.

View attachment 508208
...the Diggers is about as close to a Glasgow bar that I wish to go...

Last edited:
...the DIggers is about as close to a Glasgow bar that I wish to go...
I have drunk a (bad) pint, standing on the sawdust covered floor of the Sarrie Heid.
Quite honestly,the ambiance wasn't quite my style.

Nicely polished spitoons though.

I have drunk a (bad) pint, standing on the sawdust covered floor of the Sarrie Heid.
Quite honestly,the ambiance wasn't quite my style.

Nicely polished spitoons though.
I have never had a pint from the Sarrie heid, but in the late 70s early 80s I have had many a draftpack of shammy (some sort of cider with bits of wood in it) and of White Tornado ( a fortified wine that made LD look classy) on my way to Parkhead.

Londo

LE
scary post.jpg

I have never had a pint from the Sarrie heid, but in the late 70s early 80s I have had many a draftpack of shammy (some sort of cider with bits of wood in it) and of White Tornado ( a fortified wine that made LD look classy) on my way to Parkhead.
Vague and rather fuzzy recollections of snakebite and White Diamond.

Users going to need training and continued competency checks. Not sure I'd want to be using one in strong, gusty winds or very low visibility.

What could possibly go wrong?

I have never had a pint from the Sarrie heid, but in the late 70s early 80s I have had many a draftpack of shammy (some sort of cider with bits of wood in it) and of White Tornado ( a fortified wine that made LD look classy) on my way to Paradise.
Fixed.

Latest Threads