Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

1601279316509.png

Don't move into a bus lane? Is that correct? It's been a few years since I did much driving in the UK, but I had no idea that was a rule.

So police, ambulance or fire brigade (are they still called the fire brigade?) are on a possibly life-threatening emergency and you are tootling along in front of them but heaven forfend you pull into an empty bus lane to let them get to the scene because a number 14A might coming along soon?

Is that right, or am I missing something?
That is correct, you'll get a fine for driving in a bus lane, whereas the emergency vehicle can drive in the bus lane on a shout without getting a ticket.

@wrinklyone

View attachment 507505

... that just cries out for a caption competition such as ... " Sorry ... what time did you say my Flight was ? " ... I'll just get ma' cape .
@scoldog .....

My Post #80,060 … why Rate “ Old “ … the suggested caption or photograph ? … I had to copy and accredit the photograph from @wrinkly’s Post #80,058 so that my caption would be more effective .

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That is correct, you'll get a fine for driving in a bus lane, whereas the emergency vehicle can drive in the bus lane on a shout without getting a ticket.
Thank you, that seems fairly obvious now, I suppose they might have said in the video "don't move into the bus lane coz that's where we're going to be d'uh!"

Jonathan Ashworth, shadow health secretary.
Only another forty pounds to lose before attaining the perfect form of his Dear Leader:

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Buster Keaton ... no CGI ... no stunt men doubles ... just another classic clip from when the World was more innocent and in black and white ... and silent ...

I have posted this before, but Jackie Chan has recreated many stunts from this era, and does his own stunt work.

Others may - hopefully - also wish to Sign & Share . . .

DEMAND LEGAL RECOGNITION OF ANIMAL SENTIENCE POST-BREXIT

Imagine, for a moment, that the law doesn’t recognise your ability to feel joy, fear, pleasure, or pain – nor your ability to learn, or your consciousness of the world around you.

Unless the UK Government introduces new laws recognising animal sentience before 1 January 2021, that terrifying prospect will face every single one of the UK’s farm animals.

If you live in the UK, please email your MP today. Urge them to use their influence to ensure animals are recognised as sentient beings in post-Brexit legislation.

1601294383451.png

Also posted on the Cats thread, and the Dogs thread.

Last edited:
Dutch extra zout Drops. Apparently only certain shops are allowed to sell them and they're not easy to find. Colleague who brings them to work to swop for biltong tells me the health nazis have a major hard on for them.
They have alum as well as salt. My dad loves them.

Latest Threads