Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

1601222511514.png

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Interesting information for drivers.
Don't move into a bus lane? Is that correct? It's been a few years since I did much driving in the UK, but I had no idea that was a rule.

So police, ambulance or fire brigade (are they still called the fire brigade?) are on a possibly life-threatening emergency and you are tootling along in front of them but heaven forfend you pull into an empty bus lane to let them get to the scene because a number 14A might coming along soon?

Is that right, or am I missing something?

Don't move into a bus lane? Is that correct? It's been a few years since I did much driving in the UK, but I had no idea that was a rule.

So police, ambulance or fire brigade (are they still called the fire brigade?) are on a possibly life-threatening emergency and you are tootling along in front of them but heaven forfend you pull into an empty bus lane to let them get to the scene because a number 14A might coming along soon?

Is that right, or am I missing something?
You are missing a lot, emergency vehicles can use bus lanes. Not all bus lanes are active all the time. Motorcycles can use some bus lanes. Bus lanes are an important revenue streams for a lot of local authorities.

Latest Threads