Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Apparently Houston is America's fattest city. Likely location?!

I'm not surprised.

I've been there a few times, and once ordered a side salad with lunch. The f'ing thing was the size of the entire market-garden output of the Netherlands, and drenched in enough dressing to refloat the Bismark.

Kirkz

LE
I'm not surprised.

I've been there a few times, and once ordered a side salad with lunch. The f'ing thing was the size of the entire market-garden output of the Netherlands, and drenched in enough dressing to refloat the Bismark.
A few years back I had dinner at Macy's in San Francisco, I ordered steak and the person I was staying with ordered a chicken salad.
As you say it came in what I can only discribe as a large washing up bowl and must have had at least two whole lettuce in it along with a whole chicken.

A few years back I had dinner at Macy's in San Francisco, I ordered steak and the person I was staying with ordered a chicken salad.
As you say it came in what I can only discribe as a large washing up bowl and must have had at least two whole lettuce in it along with a whole chicken.
My most depressing culinary moment was in Galveston at a dockside ( swanky I believe is the phrase) restaurant.
The top dish price wise was a seafood platter promising lobster clam shrimp
mussels oysters and about 5 other things. Yummy
ordered it (about £20 so far so good)
then this enormous bin lid of a platter is delivered to the table with a flourish.
And every fekking thing on it had been battered and deep fried. Heatherns.

Yep.

Meal for four in DC. Chinese restaurant.

As is the norm in UK, we ordered four ‘mains’ plus some rice, with the expectation to share.

Each ‘main’ could have comfortably fed the four of us. The rice could have fed us on its own.

What was annoying was that the other two were asians living in DC. They must have known the portion size - and they were very happy to take home the world’s largest doggy bag.

Cnuts.

Yep.

Meal for four in DC. Chinese restaurant.

As is the norm in UK, we ordered four ‘mains’ plus some rice, with the expectation to share.

Each ‘main’ could have comfortably fed the four of us. The rice could have fed us on its own.

What was annoying was that the other two were asians living in DC. They must have known the portion size - and they were very happy to take home the world’s largest doggy bag.

Cnuts.
Chinese restaurant in Great Falls Montana over a decade ago on a family holiday. Daughter's favourite meal in the UK was sweet and sour chicken, so that's what she ordered. The sauce was a fluorescent orange gloop that must have been 90% sugar. She couldn't eat it. All the other meals were also packed with sugar. Bloody disgusting it was.

1601196362174.png

Kirkz

LE
Chinese restaurant in Great Falls Montana over a decade ago on a family holiday. Daughter's favourite meal in the UK was sweet and sour chicken, so that's what she ordered. The sauce was a fluorescent orange gloop that must have been 90% sugar. She couldn't eat it. All the other meals were also packed with sugar. Bloody disgusting it was.

View attachment 507616
Probably made with Sunny Delight.

Is this for real? When I was a kid the presenters on Playaway would've scared the bad guys more than than these clowns.

They're not real coppers..

S-400 SAM Launch, well sort of:

aardvark64

War Hero
It's like practice camp for Rapier in the Hebrides:

"Oops, there goes another one - how long until low tide so we can go and dig it up out of the mud?"

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
120160138_10158884620511974_7917402428653712619_n.jpg

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
120272600_2836409980015428_6886489014384183676_n.jpg

In the Signals, this was known as T1 stuff. Guaranteed promotion.

Latest Threads