Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

I'm in security/LE myself and unless she specifically directed that police personnel cannot search suspects they detain I can't see the connection. Are you inferring the detaining officers failed to search their suspect because of Dick?

I'm saying the culture is such that offending a suspect is a career limiting move on her watch. As she has demonstrated, staff will be undermined to kowtow to those with an agenda. Why should anyone put their job at risk by being thorough and possibly offending the person being searched? There is little back up for doing your job properly and a significant risk of censure.

I'm saying the culture is such that offending a suspect is a career limiting move on her watch. As she has demonstrated, staff will be undermined to kowtow to those with an agenda. Why should anyone put their job at risk by being thorough and possibly offending the person being searched? There is little back up for doing your job properly and a significant risk of censure.

I understand all that and I don't have any argument with it but this is not just some person they approached on the street, rather one they had already detained, handcuffed and taken to the Police Stn. So, surely culture couldn't have been an issue regarding whether they searched their suspect?
Perhaps one of our site Coppers can elaborate - do police procedures require a subject detained to be searched for dangerous articles?

It's not as if the risk isn't known of:

"Cerna was stopped by Sheriff's Deputy Michael Parham for a traffic violation on December 19, 2003. He attempted to escape in his car and then later on foot. During the pursuit, he shot Parham twice in the abdomen, but the wound was not fatal. Cerna was arrested shortly afterward. The San Bernardino Police, the County Sheriff's Department, and the California Highway Patrol were all involved in the chase, but during his apprehension, no one ensured he was properly searched."

Last edited:
1601132204146.png

Dr Death

War Hero
1601144326755.png

@wrinklyone

1601150060436.png

... that just cries out for a caption competition such as ... " Sorry ... what time did you say my Flight was ? " ... I'll just get ma' cape .

Last edited:

Latest Threads