Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Apparently Houston is America's fattest city. Likely location?!

According to these folks https://wallethub.com/edu/fattest-cities-in-america/10532/ some place called "McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, TX" ate all the pies. There is a top 100 list of fatties by city. State wise Mississippi takes the fattest State. I've been down that way and the majority of people are obese or fecking huge and there are those electric fatty carriers every fecking where.

Houston was once the fattest city back in 2012/2013, these days they're not even in the top 25. The younger generations are much more health conscience I think. Most of the kids in middle and high schools all play some type of sport, football (soccer) is very popular in the States with Latino residents, In other states it's popular with the girls.

I think with future generations there may well be quite a large decrease in obesity in the US. I've noticed the fast food joints in our nearest town always seems to be empty most of the time.

According to these folks https://wallethub.com/edu/fattest-cities-in-america/10532/ some place called "McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, TX" ate all the pies. There is a top 100 list of fatties by city. State wise Mississippi takes the fattest State. I've been down that way and the majority of people are obese or fecking huge and there are those electric fatty carriers every fecking where.

Houston was once the fattest city back in 2012/2013, these days they're not even in the top 25. The younger generations are much more health conscience I think. Most of the kids in middle and high schools all play some type of sport, football (soccer) is very popular in the States with Latino residents, In other states it's popular with the girls.

I think with future generations there may well be quite a large decrease in obesity in the US. I've noticed the fast food joints in our nearest town always seems to be empty most of the time.

"always seems to be empty most of the time." What does that mean?

Are you Welsh?

a la:

"Whose coat is this jacket?"

"You three are a right pair!"

"If your father was alive today, he'd be spinning in his grave."

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
That's the one. I remember thinking at first it would be absurd to arm a traffic warden but then I thought that with society having collapsed maybe he would be an ex-serviceman and so roped in and handed a weapon and told to get on with it, whatever, it was an extremely evocative scene.

Allegedly it was doable because Traffic Wardens were given police powers without being warranted and sworn constables.

Unlike the current crop

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Allegedly it was doable because Traffic Wardens were given police powers without being warranted and sworn constables.

Unlike the current crop

Traffic Wardens were given Police Powers without being warranted sworn Constables, but only for the purpose of issuing tickets and controlling traffic. They had no powers of entry and the like.

Slight edit, thank you @Ciggie

Last edited:
Don't confuse Parking Attendants/Civil Enforcement Officers (Council owned) with Traffic Wardens (police owned). I doubt that there are many TW's left now as they have become PCSOs or gone to the yellow lines in the sky.
Some traffic wardens have become traffic community support officers, (TCSOs)

Sign spotted at work. :D
IMG_20200925_050412.jpg

Or just try the Danish and Norwegian Salt type. One bag will kill a normal man.

Dutch extra zout Drops. Apparently only certain shops are allowed to sell them and they're not easy to find. Colleague who brings them to work to swop for biltong tells me the health nazis have a major hard on for them.

Allegedly the plane actually did further drops that day. But, probably with better briefing about what happens to the CoG if everyone heads to the back of the bus at the same time...

Seen a Skyvan do the same with the entire load bunched up on the ramp. There's a clip somewhere of a Turbine Kudu (some genius romantically called them an angel or something) also losing it with the load dangling out the back door like chalfonts on a fat chick.

TamH70

MIA
Dutch extra zout Drops. Apparently only certain shops are allowed to sell them and they're not easy to find. Colleague who brings them to work to swop for biltong tells me the health nazis have a major hard on for them.

Is this along the lines of the stuff you are talking about, Lardbeast?

Sounds appetising:

"Your taste buds cry out in objection or fear (or both) as the taste spreads father around your mouth. Suddenly you just want it to end, for the flavor to go away. But even when you spit out the Dutch drop the flavor still remains. It won’t go away. Will it ever go away? Why is this happening? Why? Oh god why?"

That's the badger. Quite obviously the weakling writing the article needs to find his big girl panties and man the fuck up.

Drops are lush, particularly the dubbel zout.

Wybertjes are good for clearing the sinuses on a cold day.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Are you sure this isn't a tale of child abuse written by Bogsy as a child?
"Your taste buds cry out in objection or fear (or both) as the taste spreads father around your mouth. Suddenly you just want it to end, for the flavor to go away. But even when you spit out the Dutch drop the flavor still remains. It won’t go away. Will it ever go away? Why is this happening? Why? Oh god why?"

dlrg

LE
They’re fuucking awful.

I was ambushed with one of those by some Swedes on my first day in Bosnia.

Man up Bob ffs. Can't have a bunch of Swedes laughing at you.

Had my first intro to them whilst on a 'visit' to the Marineschule just outside Flensburg. Love 'em. I'll grant you, they are a bit of an acquired taste.

This was a thing kids ate.
View attachment 507032

Quite nice if memory serves.

Always been a fan of liquorice. I also used to chomp on these as a kid. It was always referred to as 'Spanish' at home.

1601017198481.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads