Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

When I was six or seven, I ate a box full of Pomfret cakes - pure liquorice in a handy, pocketable size (for a kid still wearing shorts and putting anything and everything in the pockets), they were meant to last a week or more.
View attachment 506989
... I'm still not convinced it was entirely the Pomfret Cakes wot dunnit, probably something to do with coming into contact with residue of other 'stuff' that had been in my pockets.... (slugs, worms, bits of frog, sticklebacks etc.)

My mum always said you get a good run for your money with liquorice. (S. Milligan.)

Ciggie

GCM
I shouldn't laugh. As a kid I was out with mates on some rough ground we used for driving practice. Stood behind one mate and got the backswing right in the chops. If I hadn't had a cheekful of Polos to cushion the blow it really would have been teeth all over the place as my horrified mate thought for a second or two ;)

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

Londo

LE
shitexpress.jpg

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Allegedly the plane actually did further drops that day. But, probably with better briefing about what happens to the CoG if everyone heads to the back of the bus at the same time...

I read the comments on the YouTube page. I think the guy that owned the DZ was a fvcking dïck. He deliberately concealed the incident to protect the aircraft owners and pilots from FAA action.

If any DC-3 (or any other aircraft, for that matter) spanked in between that incident and when he finally released the video (years, apparently) under similar circumstances, he's prevented the FAA from issuing appropriate guidance. It was a spin. OK, the pilots rescued the situation, but that doesn't make it OK.

When I was six or seven, I ate a box full of Pomfret cakes - pure liquorice in a handy, pocketable size (for a kid still wearing shorts and putting anything and everything in the pockets), they were meant to last a week or more.
View attachment 506989

We were staying in a friends caravan near Abersoc (sp?) in Wales, it didn't have a proper toilet, we were expected to use the campsite facilities..... there was a 'wee bucket' in the caravan that I managed to turn into a 'pebbledash bucket' during the night. I'm still not convinced it was entirely the Pomfret Cakes wot dunnit, probably something to do with coming into contact with residue of other 'stuff' that had been in my pockets.... (slugs, worms, bits of frog, sticklebacks etc.)
Bearing in mind that the principle purpose of Pomfret Cakes was as a mild laxative, I have a sneaking suspicion that it may have been the primary cause of your discomfort.

(Shucks, too slow!)

Last edited:

Latest Threads