Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

1600802590118.png

Londo

LE
Are bears Catholic?
That line reminds me of a very good WO2 friend of mine who for years whenever asked an obvious question would always reply with "Is the Pope Catholic , do bears shit in the woods" ? It was one of his few failings as one got fed up with it in the end .
One evening he got to the bar before me . "Hi Londo , want a drink " ? "Are bears Catholic" I replied and a huge grin slowly spread across his face .
I never ever heard him come out with that Pope saying again .

RIP Mick

Londo

LE
A rather unusual light railway
Used to see one of these when I was about 14 . Used to walk along a track between Manor Park and Wanstead Flats following the river Roding . The track used to curve round a sewage works so used to go through a fence into the SW as a short cut .
They had a monorail operating there very similar to the one in the vid to remove the silt screening . Interesting to watch .
All long gone now .

Sounds a bit fishy to me. Really old tv's don't work any more. Newer CRT tv's don't emit that much signal. Flat screens of all types are practically emission free. What are the odds that a periodic impulse from a discrete component tv would be broad spectrum enough to jam a whole band of low power channels, or powerful enough to knock out something like a DLOS signal?

Doesn't sound right to me.

Eta: Unless it was on the same mains ring as the modem and putting heavy RFI on the powerline.
Seems like I might have been wrong in my initial assumption. You can still use old valve driven CRT sets by connecting them to the RF output of various set-top boxes. Hadn't thought of that variant.

Tight gits, still using a 16" Bush TV in 2020.

Kirkz

LE
Seems like I might have been wrong in my initial assumption. You can still use old valve driven CRT sets by connecting them to the RF output of various set-top boxes. Hadn't thought of that variant.

Tight gits, still using a 16" Bush TV in 2020.
Yeah, I've pulled loads of fully working flat screens from skips or you can pick up a reasonable 32" off facecock marketplace or a carboot for about 20 quid.

Cracking movie with the lovely Alice Fay: