Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Buster Keaton ... no CGI ... no stunt men doubles ... just another classic clip from when the World was more innocent and in black and white ... and silent ...

I'm inclined to think that a stuntman did most of that as Keaton's face isn't really visible in a lot of that. Anyway, the relevant episode about stuntman from the 1980 TV series "Hollywood" is below.

1600693491041.png

I'm inclined to think that a stuntman did most of that as Keaton's face isn't really visible in a lot of that. Anyway, the relevant episode about stuntman from the 1980 TV series "Hollywood" is below.

You may well be right ... still a well shot sequence ... I prefer to think he did not use a double during its making ... I understand he actually doubled as a stunt man for other actors .

dlrg

LE
Wah shield up:
Leider Photoshop. All Police vehicles in Aachen (North Rhine-Westphalia) have NRW prefix as shown;View attachment 506076

in fairness, prior to 2007 or so, the Police vehicles in Aachen would have had an “AC” prefix, just like the ones in Mönchengladbach would have had ”MG”, Krefeld “KR”, Duisburg “DU” etc.

While privately owned vehicles would have “AC-XY 123” (ie town, two letters, 3 or 4 digits), police vehicles had town, and 4 or 5 digits (“AC-12345”). So cops driving to work in Aachen could indeed have “AC-AB 1223” on their private cars, but their work motor would be “AC-12345”. I think this applied to all municipally owned vehicles. Don’t know if they still have it, but Düsseldorf’s Oberbürgermeister used to have a BFO Merc as his official car, with “D-1” as the plate.

kops.jpg

The Green/white livery isn't used any more. All changed to Blue (stickers + some with Hi viz decals) and Silver a couple of years ago

1600698709199.png

Apparently, the silver colour makes them more desirable on the 2nd hand market (once the 'stickers' have been removed).

Last edited:
The Green/white livery isn't used any more. All changed to Blue (stickers + some with Hi viz decals) and Silver a couple of years ago

View attachment 506155

Apparently, the silver colour makes them more desirable on the 2nd hand market (once the 'stickers' have been removed).

Ahhh, I just thought the green or blue indicated a different type of force.

Regards the silver and second hand market, I believe that was the reason the Met started using silver cars a few years back.

Kirkz

LE

According to wiki he only used a stunt double when he was doing talkies for MGM, as they forced him to to protect their asset.

View attachment 506155

That explains why my boys playmobil, Lego, Etc. polizei vehicles were in an unfamiliar colour scheme.

According to wiki he only used a stunt double when he was doing talkies for MGM, as they forced him to to protect their asset.

I really couldn't be arrsed to check out fully if Buster Keaton had ever used a stunt man .... however courtesy of your Post and in true pedant mood my Post 79551 may actually be correct because it was made before he had appeared in Talkies ... anyhoo pedant mode off ... he brought and probably still brings a lot of happiness / enjoyment to a lot of people .

Last edited:

Latest Threads