Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

1600630533249.png

That was the most useless 'present' that has ever been inflicted on me.

It's 'interesting' for all of a nano second. Once you have removed the bottle you are left with a piece of wood.

With a hole in it.

I split it with a wood axe and used the kindling to start a cheery fire.

Creepy Joe Hidin' has the same grasp of arithmetic as Diane Abbott

It's getting to the point where this is elder abuse. Biden is away with the fairies. His family should have pulled him from this election not expose him to absolute ridicule

Yep, that's more or less what the majority of the Twatter comments are saying.

HE117

LE
This same as anyone who has been in any trade and had to earn their qualifications when they can see someone being lorded over who is obviously full of shite , it boils ones piss.
Ok.. everyone is entitled to their opinion... I would certainly not be happy with loosing him on a Best English shotgun, which I would 100% agree with you is where angels fear to tread..

However.. what he is working on are generally military or common commercial firearms, often in fairly dire condition, and what he is doing at least lies at the conservation rather than the bubba end. Realistically many of the guns going through his hands are long obsolete and with non obtainable spares.. at the very least he is getting them working again and preventing further decay..

With the notable exception of the No4 frankenrifle, which was not to my liking, he does demonstrate that the recovery of even the most hacked up piece is possible...

I know he is not a time served gunsmith, but he is an ex nuclear engineer and certainly knows his material science. Much of what he takes on would either not be looked at by most gunsmiths, or priced into the scrap bin.

I absolutely praise him for his anti "don't touch the patina" crusade and his insistence that you need to conserve and maintain old guns. I am sure you would agree that his use of polished hammers and proper screwdrivers/turnscrews are also correct.

I would be interested in your views about Acraglas Gel.. ? I have used it for years for bedding and stock repairs.. I know of no better material, provided it is properly used along with adequate pinning.

But yes, I think using plumbers wax for stock treatment is probably a bit cavalier...

I think you are being a bit harsh.. I think he is pretty good at fettling the sort of guns he is works on, and 100% better than anything else on the Web from the US or UK* on gunsmithing.. (not that that is saying much...). There is a lot of playing to the gallery, but most of what he says or does is not wrong... (though you would have done it BETTER)

*particularity that twat from Kent with the tanks etc..

Last edited:
Ok.. everyone is entitled to their opinion... I would certainly not be happy with loosing him on a Best English shotgun, which I would 100% agree with you is where angels fear to tread..

However.. what he is working on are generally military or common commercial firearms, often in fairly dire condition, and what he is doing at least lies at the conservation rather than the bubba end. Realistically many of the guns going through his hands are long obsolete and with non obtainable spares.. at the very least he is getting them working again and preventing further decay..

With the notable exception of the No4 frankenrifle, which was not to my liking, he does demonstrate that the recovery of even the most hacked up piece is possible...

I know he is not a time served gunsmith, but he is an ex nuclear engineer and certainly knows his material science. Much of what he takes on would either not be looked at by most gunsmiths, or priced into the scrap bin.

I absolutely praise him for his anti "don't touch the patina" crusade and his insistence that you need to conserve and maintain old guns. I am sure you would agree that his use of polished hammers and proper screwdrivers/turnscrews are also correct.

I would be interested in your views about Acraglas Gel.. ? I have used it for years for bedding and stock repairs.. I know of no better material, provided it is properly

But yes, I think using plumbers wax for stock treatment is probably a bit cavalier...

I think you are being a bit harsh.. I think he is pretty good at fettling the sort of guns he is works on, and 100% better than anything else on the Web from the US or UK* on gunsmithing.. (not that that is saying much...). There is a lot of playing to the gallery, but most of what he says or does is not wrong... (though you would have done it BETTER)

I’ll just leave these here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HE117

LE
I’ll just leave these here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you trying to incinerate something about my gun cleaning regime?

...anyway that's not my one.. it doesn't have a bit of string attached!

I would be interested in your views about Acraglas Gel.. ? I have used it for years for bedding and stock repairs.. I know of no better material, provided it is properly

Im not claiming I can do anything, he's just someone that gets on my tits and i demand the right to go off on one every time he appears out of his YouTube hole and put my foot through the screen.

Latest Threads