Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

...If you know how to word a statement, and if no cctv you can use a serious amount of "reasonable" force.
Its not your fault the miscreant used violence forcing you to regrettably match his level of force...

" Using minimum necessary force....."
That's what I was taught.

Father in law put it thus
if meeting violent resistance, using whatever is to hand in the heat of the moment usually ok by the law.
After subduing them , going for a golf club to set about them again.
not ok by the law . This was Wild West Manx plod however.

Dredd

LE
How’s this for a mind-****? In the UK, you choose to accept the TWOCing. It’s OK.

On the basis that round these parts, if you found someone stealing your car, you can apprehend them at gunpoint, and if they use force against you, shoot them.

In the UK you can’t do that. You implicitly accept the possibility of having your car nicked, on the basis that you don’t want citizens slotting car thieves.

Not saying either side of the pond has it right, but we don’t get much car crime round here :)

Are you sure it is not a problem there?

Mind you, according to Pillsbury, it could be worse . . .

PS - we don't get much car crime around here either. Even without the ability to slot fellow cits.

Ciggie

GCM
119721696_10158247671317779_6709734887290918182_o.jpg

HE117

LE

Ciggie

GCM
I have to say why does this have to be made a national issue...

What a waste!
Well, it's not so much a national issue as journalists doing what they're good at...filling space with shite instead of real news and exposure. The only thing remotely close to real journalism these days is Private Eye, and even they are constrained.

Well, it's not so much a national issue as journalists doing what they're good at...filling space with shite instead of real news and exposure. The only thing remotely close to real journalism these days is Private Eye, and even they are constrained.

As Polly Filler and Phil Space regularly attest.
What I find even more irritating than this tendency of the press is my not being able to understand as to whether even BBC broadcasters are newsreaders, tv presenters or opinion spouters.
Grips my sh*t it does.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

BopBopBop

War Hero
" Using minimum necessary force....."
That's what I was taught.

Our area car dealt with a call from one of the big houses up on Kingston Hill.
"Burglary, suspect detained"

When they got there, they found the suspect bobbing about in the middle of a swimming pool with a couple of the residents at the edge, poking him with garden tools, to stop him climbing out.

It took him awhile to drip dry in the cells.

Latest Threads