Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

It was my own fault for working in Kirkby! They'd snapped the steering lock after breaking the door lock and removing the ignition barrel. For 12 months, I opened the car with a screwdriver and turned it on with the screwdriver. The radio was the old removable type which I took into work and put it in my locker. There was nothing left in the car at all,.I even left the spare wheel and tools at home, my dad was retired and used to bring the spare and tools to me if I had a puncture.

240Z/M5 V10 Frankenbuild....

reminds me of the time someone left a large note on their dashboard which said "please don't break into my car as I've taken everything out and theres nothing to steal"
only to return to the car to find the side window smashed and another note alongside theirs which said " just checking"

How’s this for a mind-fuck? In the UK, you choose to accept the TWOCing. It’s OK.

On the basis that round these parts, if you found someone stealing your car, you can apprehend them at gunpoint, and if they use force against you, shoot them.

In the UK you can’t do that. You implicitly accept the possibility of having your car nicked, on the basis that you don’t want citizens slotting car thieves.

Not saying either side of the pond has it right, but we don’t get much car crime round here :)

I know I shouldn't laugh, but.....

Did the fooker fly out of the coffin when the pall bearers dropped it? I'll bet that livened the proceedings a bit. All we had at me guvnor's do was a medicine man and a piper in highland rig (go figure.) :p 8) :mrgreen::mrgreen:

How’s this for a mind-****? In the UK, you choose to accept the TWOCing. It’s OK.

On the basis that round these parts, if you found someone stealing your car, you can apprehend them at gunpoint, and if they use force against you, shoot them.

In the UK you can’t do that. You implicitly accept the possibility of having your car nicked, on the basis that you don’t want citizens slotting car thieves.

Not saying either side of the pond has it right, but we don’t get much car crime round here :)

Are you on glue?
While we can't shoot car thieves we can still give the cùnts a kicking.
If you know how to word a statement, and if no cctv you can use a serious amount of "reasonable" force.
Its not your fault the miscreant used violence forcing you to regrettably match his level of force...

1600497935438.png

...If you know how to word a statement, and if no cctv you can use a serious amount of "reasonable" force.
Its not your fault the miscreant used violence forcing you to regrettably match his level of force...

" Using minimum necessary force....."
That's what I was taught.

Father in law put it thus
if meeting violent resistance, using whatever is to hand in the heat of the moment usually ok by the law.
After subduing them , going for a golf club to set about them again.
not ok by the law . This was Wild West Manx plod however.

Dredd

LE
How’s this for a mind-****? In the UK, you choose to accept the TWOCing. It’s OK.

Are you sure it is not a problem there?

Mind you, according to Pillsbury, it could be worse . . .

PS - we don't get much car crime around here either. Even without the ability to slot fellow cits.