Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Not quite a Darwin:
... reminded me of how as a schoolboy a Physics Master explained how an object could be in a " state of unstable equilibrium " ... his first example was an inverted Bunsen Burner ... that video clip is much better

Last edited:

pc flaps

Old-Salt
Hunt and Sheene.
I wanted to be able to drive like Hunt and ride a bike like Sheene, and have horny supermodels hanging off my arm.

I am crap at driving, can't ride a motorcycle and always ended up with the fat minger.

At the Brazilian GP one year, Hunt tried to take a young woman up to his hotel room. She was quite obviously of a darker hue and Brazilian. The concierge objected along the lines that hotel policy was only relatives allowed in someone's room. Hunt's reply was "how dare you Sir! This lady is my sister!"

They don't make em like that anymore, etc etc

3F5A2F51-242B-487B-8364-E0F3E843DE48.jpeg

Ciggie

GCM
Up to 260 km/h (161 mph) and you could still see there was more behind the throttle.

There was a time when that sort of thing appealed to me. Now it scares the life out of me.
Have a go at this one...he really lets rip. No need to watch the lot to get the idea. Really taking his life in his hands, not so much because of the speed but because Polish drivers are absolutely unpredictable..unless you're a Polish driver. Some of the stunts I saw daily in Warszawa would have resulted in multi-car smashups anywhere else, but in the ethos of 'all nutters together' it mostly ran perfectly smoothly !!!

Ciggie

GCM
So-called tertiary education is right fucked up. A postgraduate course in knitwear ???And even...I don't believe it...a fucking doctorate. - 'Opt for an additional advanced research module if you’re thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study'

Study a postgraduate course in Fashion Knitwear Design at Nottingham Trent University | Postgrad.com

This isn't only at Nottingham..I noticed an ad for one here in Barcelona..available in English.

Jesus, my grannie was a top academic and she never even knew it !!!!!

aardvark64

War Hero
Bit perplexed about the people who say the photo is 'old'. I pinched it from The Daily Mail. The story appeared at 20:52, 17 September 2020, (last night). I haven't seen it on these pages, or anywhere else other than the DM.

To be fair, I had no idea that was Lewis Hamilton on the right...

Ahhhh.
I've been told that "Hayabusa" is Japanese for Peregrine because it eats (Honda) Blackbirds.

I believe the the literal translation is "launch and hold on" (?)
In the rural areas of Nippon, Hayabusa can mean "Oh! F*^K".

BBC Marilyn Monroe.jpg

So-called tertiary education is right fucked up. A postgraduate course in knitwear ???And even...I don't believe it...a ******* doctorate. - 'Opt for an additional advanced research module if you’re thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study'

Study a postgraduate course in Fashion Knitwear Design at Nottingham Trent University | Postgrad.com

This isn't only at Nottingham..I noticed an ad for one here in Barcelona..available in English.

Jesus, my grannie was a top academic and she never even knew it !!!!!

It’s all to do with String Theory...

Latest Threads