Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

63D67F0F-ADC7-430B-BF82-020ACAE0FC8F.jpeg

Ciggie

GCM
So-called tertiary education is right fucked up. A postgraduate course in knitwear ???And even...I don't believe it...a fucking doctorate. - 'Opt for an additional advanced research module if you’re thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study'

Study a postgraduate course in Fashion Knitwear Design at Nottingham Trent University | Postgrad.com

This isn't only at Nottingham..I noticed an ad for one here in Barcelona..available in English.

Jesus, my grannie was a top academic and she never even knew it !!!!!

aardvark64

War Hero
Bit perplexed about the people who say the photo is 'old'. I pinched it from The Daily Mail. The story appeared at 20:52, 17 September 2020, (last night). I haven't seen it on these pages, or anywhere else other than the DM.

To be fair, I had no idea that was Lewis Hamilton on the right...

Ahhhh.
I've been told that "Hayabusa" is Japanese for Peregrine because it eats (Honda) Blackbirds.

I believe the the literal translation is "launch and hold on" (?)
In the rural areas of Nippon, Hayabusa can mean "Oh! F*^K".

So-called tertiary education is right fucked up. A postgraduate course in knitwear ???And even...I don't believe it...a ******* doctorate. - 'Opt for an additional advanced research module if you’re thinking of progressing to PhD or Professional Doctorate study'

Study a postgraduate course in Fashion Knitwear Design at Nottingham Trent University | Postgrad.com

This isn't only at Nottingham..I noticed an ad for one here in Barcelona..available in English.

Jesus, my grannie was a top academic and she never even knew it !!!!!

It’s all to do with String Theory...

pc flaps

Old-Salt
Have a go at this one...he really lets rip. No need to watch the lot to get the idea. Really taking his life in his hands, not so much because of the speed but because Polish drivers are absolutely unpredictable..unless you're a Polish driver. Some of the stunts I saw daily in Warszawa would have resulted in multi-car smashups anywhere else, but in the ethos of 'all nutters together' it mostly ran perfectly smoothly !!!

Reminds me of this one

The bloke behind the wheel was rumoured to be former Tyrrell driver Johnny Servoz-Gavin.

Ciggie

GCM
Reminds me of this one

The bloke behind the wheel was rumoured to be former Tyrrell driver Johnny Servoz-Gavin.
Pity about the pic quality...Reminds me of a hitchhiking experience I had many years ago in Frogland. Very nice chap, academic book salesman, picked me up and took me a fair way, but dropped me off in some small town where he had business. I was stood by the road, thumb out for some time and I was beginning to think I'd be there forever, when a battered Toyota pulled up with a young bloke, who turned out to be Portuguese, with no English, so conversation was pretty limited, but then there wasn't much time for it. I reckon he left rubber marks as we set off...for the first minute I was shitting myself, but quickly realised he knew exactly what he was doing and was a rally-class expert ! It gave me immense pleasure as we whizzed past shits who hadn't stopped for me and I gave them the Royal wave, with 'It's a Sin' by The Pet Shop Boys blaring out of the stereo...there was no way that was a Toyota engine under the hood !!!

Latest Threads