Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Dredd

LE
Jockfast.jpg

As many on here will know, with a raised air intake fitted, as long as you keep the revs up, you can wade a Landy pretty deep. If you are a twat, you'll flap when you hit a particularly deep hole, let your foot slip off the pedal.... and then suck water up the pipe. Luckily I cut the engine.

It's even a repeated line in the Play and Film. This was confirmed by my uncle who is a choreographer, a lover of musical theatre, and a notorious homosexualist, his beard used to be quite hot though, she used to spend the working week in Glasgow with her flatmate and stay with him in his house in a highland town most weekends, then he could have theatrical pals visit him during the week for a "break".

Has it occurred to you that perhaps they were referencing "Wizard of Oz" in the play and film, which was made some years prior to "Millie"?
It was fairly common parlance before 1967.

Kirkz

LE
they are also the world's largest independent record store. (In the US and they are not shipping overseas at the moment)
Visited Amoeba a few times when I've been over there and it is fucking massive, you could spend all day in there and still only view part of their stock.
I bought a double 12" promo of Mr Brightside there for 49 cents.

endure

GCM

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
As many on here will know, with a raised air intake fitted, as long as you keep the revs up, you can wade a Landy pretty deep. If you are a twat, you'll flap when you hit a particularly deep hole, let your foot slip off the pedal.... and then suck water up the pipe. Luckily I cut the engine.
Doesn't work like that..... it's all in the bow wave with revs about 2000-ish using the thottle to chase or back off from the bow wave- also check the RAI is 'fitted for' not just 'equipped for' wading

ETA
Like this
Disco Sep 06 021.jpg

Not like this
Disco Sep 06 015.jpg

Last edited:
All I'm getting is a blank screen.
Not so at this end . . . I can see the video . . . the one/copy, attached to your post that I am quoting.

I believe it might be connected to Facebook, if that is a problem . . . but, could/did, you see @endure 's Northern Soul priest?

Try this . . .

cymraeg

War Hero

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
And what happens when you put a well-sealed vehicle into a river that's in full spate after a night's worth of rain

It was only the last five metres of 'reversing' that was under the drivers control, the rear was completely floating and the front wheels had no traction whatsoever - if the front had been heavier, it would have drowned the engine.

Latest Threads