All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Er, I think this is a public service video warning of the dangers of homemade vodka....

Two locals, near to my old gaff, blew up their shed in spectacular fashion last summer, trying to make whiskey. Broken windows galore, and a few damaged cars. They were advised by, ahem, "community representatives" that if they tried it again, a destroyed shed would be the least of their worries.

Ciggie

GCM
Two locals, near to my old gaff, blew up their shed in spectacular fashion last summer, trying to make whiskey. Broken windows galore, and a few damaged cars. They were advised by, ahem, "community representatives" that if they tried it again, a destroyed shed would be the least of their worries.
In Sudan when I went there they had had Sharia Law for 3 years the poor fuckers. This meant alcohol was illegal and had to be home-made. We used to frequent several shebeens round town but my favourite was Miriam Rasheed's, she did a nice distilled date brew which was a little less repulsive than anyone elses. She showed me her 'still' one day...a collection of battered cooking pots...for the life of me I couldn't see how she could make spirits with them as she didn't put it together,but it worked somehow.

One of them wasn't filled with an energy absorbing material.
There's also a difference between a reinforced concrete structure and an almost instantaneous blast wave compared to a steel based structure being hit by over a hundred tons moving at several hundred miles per hour and then sustained fires.

Apart from that they're identical situations :rolleyes:

One of them wasn't filled with an energy absorbing material.
I did read that due to the ongoing and escalated problems the silos , made of reinforced concrete, not with steel , thousands of windows and stairwells, lift shafts .

They were full of grain , as can be seen all over the floor.

I would think 120,000 tonnes of energy absorbing loose stuff would,be a very good Blast wall.

Oh it bloody well was.

Ciggie

GCM
There's also a difference between a reinforced concrete structure and an almost instantaneous blast wave compared to a steel based structure being hit by over a hundred tons moving at several hundred miles per hour and then sustained fires.

Apart from that they're identical situations :rolleyes:
...and that would be reinforced with what ? ;)

Latest Threads