Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

A young artist was rather disappointing at the low marks given to him, meaning no chance of an entry into university
so he did a drawing and posted it on twitter
he certainly has far more skill and ability than many young people looking to sit around for three years

Lovely post Josh!

Apropos of nothing, an interesting article about the rift between Rodney Bewes & James Bolam.

Rodney Bewes is a desperate old luuvie. He was mooring his motor launch at Henley one year, when we came hurtling in at an angle to tie up along side. He saw the speed of our approach and the determined look on the face of our Cap'n.. Fearing for his paintwork, he then leapt to the side of his boat thrusting a boat hook before him, screaming in a high pitched, trembling voice: 'NO, oh no! ...for the Love of God, please, Nooo!'

We barely even kissed the fender. The old ham.

Oyibo

LE
Rodney Bewes is a desperate old luuvie. He was mooring his motor launch at Henley one year, when we came hurtling in at an angle to tie up along side. He saw the speed of our approach and the determined look on the face of our Cap'n.. Fearing for his paintwork, he then leapt to the side of his boat thrusting a boat hook before him, screaming in a high pitched, trembling voice: 'NO, oh no! ...for the Love of God, please, Nooo!'

Did you have a wicker man on your boat?

Nice plan but with a flaw. The UK is seen by migrants as more attractive than France and many more migrants speak English than French.

Even if "sent back" they will return because their diaspora, as well as their plans for a better future are in the UK, not in France.
There are plenty of cruise ships laid up as I type. Hire one, fill it to capacity and send them on a nice cruise to the Libyan coastline...

That article has him pegged as a bit of a luvvie.
It says he was pleading poverty & slating Bolam for it, while having houses in Purley/Putney (?) & Cornwall.

Last edited:
They were a serious issue at my mine site; my security people lived on the license and would appear with their faces burned, eyes patched, necks stripped when the damn things were active. I lived in a tent there during the early months, and had erected a drum shower with a hut under it close by. One night, I went for a shower, no need for torchlight as the moon was up, got inside, hung up my towel and started the shower. Noticed that my eyesight was wonky; the walls seemed to be moving; tiny objects seemed to be falling on my skin. Turned on the torch to see that the walls were red, the roof and showerhead were red, there was a red rain from the roof and I was nekkid. Terror. But you soon got used to picking them out of the rice in your curry.
No, actually, you bloody didn't. Years later, I found one - just one - on my desk at BeitBridge, the only one I've seen outside of Tanzania. More terror.
I had the same in Sinamantella, went for a shower in the dark then, WTF .

I don’t want to start a thread to ask this, so I’ll ask here.

I notice google maps street view has disappeared from Apple/iOS. Any ideas why?
I’ve been trying to use it for something for a week now.

I don’t want to start a thread to ask this, so I’ll ask here.

I notice google maps street view has disappeared from Apple/iOS. Any ideas why?
I’ve been trying to use it for something for a week now.
Apple huh? You probably need to pay extra for that ;-)

367430DB-2220-41CB-97FC-6A0E50B28F62.jpeg

Morning @bigeye,
Sounds par for the course for ol' Rodney.

Latest Threads