Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

How, legally, are we going to send them back?

I don't know. I'm not a legal expert and it's not my problem or responsibility to sort out.

A couple of starters:

If they are asylum seekers they should have sought asylum in the first safe country they reach. France is a safe country so they should have sought asylum there or, if they have passed through other safe countries, the first of those. It should be the principle that the UK refuses asylum on those grounds and returns any asylum seekers arriving from France back to France for the French to process the claim.

The same principle should apply to refugees.

Where they are economic migrants - they are entering the country illegally. They should be tried and when convicted be deported. They are not British citizens and have no right of abode.

Nice plan but with a flaw. The UK is seen by migrants as more attractive than France and many more migrants speak English than French.

Even if "sent back" they will return because their diaspora, as well as their plans for a better future are in the UK, not in France.

I would have thought that African immigrants are as likely, if not more so, to speak French as English.

Send them back again. Every time. Rinse and repeat. It should be the policy that every individual that arrives in this country should be deported back to the country they arrived from. It should also be the policy that no individual that arrives in this country illegally can ever be granted British citizenship.

Back this up with a national ID card. Without which no one is permitted to open a bank account, apply for a job, obtain housing, obtain healthcare, obtain benefits of any kind, enrol their children in schools etc.

Anybody that employs a worker without them having proof that they are entitled to be in the UK should face massive punitive punishment.

If and where the law needs to be changed to make this happen - change the law.

So how, legally, are we going to send them back?
Saying I wouldn't start from here, doesn't really help

What do you think happens when people legally arrive at airports and ferry ports from other countries? They arrive at passport control and enter the country legally.

If they don't have a valid passport or if there is an issue with it or their visa they can be refused entry. Even though they are on British soil they can be removed. There will be a legal mechanism for that and we will legally be able to send them back. If we couldn't there would be no point in having passport control because anybody arriving would be able to just walk on in.

French speaking africans tend to come to France. We could easily put together several brigades with the malians doing the dishes in 99,9% of parisian restaurants for example.

Find the reasons why migrants want to come to the UK and then act on them. It is the only solution, not to default on Greece where monthly salaries start at 700 euros and where migrants have zero reason to stay.

PS: this should be on the migrants thread, not on the Internet thread....

French speaking africans tend to come to France. We could easily put together several brigades with the malians doing the dishes in 99,9% of parisian restaurants for example.

Find the reasons why migrants want to come to the UK and then act on them. It is the only solution, not to default on Greece where monthly salaries start at 700 euros and where migrants have zero reason to stay.

PS: this should be on the migrants thread, not on the Internet thread....

Very true but I think this particular conversation started off the back of a picture (All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY) of a boat load of immigrants.

Perhaps one of the kind mods might like to move it.

Last edited:
You absolute bastard! I have just spat scalding hot coffee up my hooter, over the dog and into the fish tank. I am talking projectile coffee here. I type this with tears and snot running down my face. My solicitor will be in touch!
No I wont, it's your own fault so contributory negligence therefore not worth the claim . . . . . . . from my fees perspective.

I don't know. I'm not a legal expert and it's not my problem or responsibility to sort out...

What do you think happens when people legally arrive at airports and ferry ports from other countries? They arrive at passport control and enter the country legally.

If they don't have a valid passport or if there is an issue with it or their visa they can be refused entry. Even though they are on British soil they can be removed. There will be a legal mechanism for that and we will legally be able to send them back. If we couldn't there would be no point in having passport control because anybody arriving would be able to just walk on in.

Taking my information from various immigration type television programmes, it seems if someone has no ID it's very hard to move them back from whence they came.
Hence some passengers destroying their documents on the 'plane during the flight.
Apparently some countries are quite obstructive when asked for travel documents to enable the return of illegal entries.

Our problem, IMHO, is that we are too attractive an option. Perhaps we need some sort of secure storage system for those we can't return (?)

This is why I never take all my clothes off in parks.
A boar could come along and steal the bag with your laptop.

boar theft.jpg

Last edited:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
A young artist was rather disappointing at the low marks given to him, meaning no chance of an entry into university
so he did a drawing and posted it on twitter
he certainly has far more skill and ability than many young people looking to sit around for three years

1596815375604.png

Apropos of nothing, an interesting article about the rift between Rodney Bewes & James Bolam.

Interesting write up .... I enjoyed their portrayal as the Likely Lads ... it is interesting to read they received royalties payments for repeats of their broadcasts ... I may be wrong but they may have been ahead of their time in the 60's by getting that negotiated into their contracts

Last edited:

Latest Threads