All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

There is a mosquito problem in the Highlands of Scotland but it's as nothing to the Kamchatka peninsula this year. Those aren't tornados, they made of mosquitos! Another destination off my bucket list.

Lake flies on Lake Victoria...

First time I went to Entebbe we landed there in the evening during a lake fly swarm. Little buggers look a lot like mosquitoes and I was shitting myself at the anticipated blood loss trying to make it to the terminal without passing out having been exsanguinated, until I saw the handler strolling across the apron waving his arms and spitting the bastards out. They've been known to choke fishermen on the lake and if caught in a swarm, they capsize their canoes and shelter under them.

The next morning they're everywhere, a couple of inches deep in drifts where they've been blown. A lot of the locals collect them and make cakes like a fish cake, which they fry and eat.

Lake flies on Lake Victoria...

First time I went to Entebbe we landed there in the evening during a lake fly swarm. Little buggers look a lot like mosquitoes and I was shitting myself at the anticipated blood loss trying to make it to the terminal without passing out having been exsanguinated, until I saw the handler strolling across the apron waving his arms and spitting the bastards out. They've been known to choke fishermen on the lake and if caught in a swarm, they capsize their canoes and shelter under them.

The next morning they're everywhere, a couple of inches deep in drifts where they've been blown. A lot of the locals collect them and make cakes like a fish cake, which they fry and eat.
Bush tucker, eh?

No wonder the only invention to come out of the Cradle of Civilisation is Ebola.

Perhaps the ladies amongst us might recognise themselves here:

1596749017678.png

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk