Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

I must admit I missed the first notice about this, the Stirling has been located in a Lake near Amsterdam, where it crashed after a Bombing raid in 1943, A British chap is worried that they will use a mechanical excavator to dredge it up to keep costs down, however having visited Holland and seen the care and dedication that they exhibit for our lads, I very much doubt it, they have some very skilled engineers and technology that is not seen here
hopefully the aircraft and her crew will be laid to rest at last

here a link to the Dutch website about it in English

View attachment 489036

Indeed, I would trust more in the Dutch people than I would in a story from the BBC.

mrboo

War Hero
Snap 2020-07-12 at 10.13.10.png

. . . and one of these days you'll realise that China is still a Communist country and that the goal of The Middle Kingdom is alive and well.
I never doubted it. Unlike most on here, I know what they actually mean by that, though.

I'm still in the dark on what exactly we're suddenly controlling that we weren't before.

Well . . . this a surprise . . .

+ + + + + +

Originally published by: Editor John Mortimer, Auto Industry Newsletter, on Tuesday 11 October 2016.

[As the world's leading provider of confidential insider information from 1979 to 2000, Auto Industry Newsletter has now re-emerged by popular request to provide chief executives with the insight necessary to meet today's challenges]

G&W wins Aston’s V12 engine casting job.

Aston Martin has confirmed Grainger & Worrall (GW) as its preferred engine castings partner for the new DB11.

At the heart of this iconic sports car is the new 5.2-litre twin turbocharged V12 gasoline engine. This engine sets even higher performance standards for the latest DB iteration, the cleanest, most fuel efficient, powerful and fastest accelerating model in Aston Martin’s history . . . . Assembled at Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art engine plant in Cologne, Germany, the new twin-turbocharged, 48-valve, V12 unit is able to meet stringent emission and fuel consumption requirements, whilst producing increased performance.

Cosworth casting process.

The confirmation of G&W as supplier of the V12 engine block is hardly surprising, in a way. In September, Grainger & Worrall completed the purchase of the Cosworth castings facility in Worcester.

The newly-acquired site, which will be known as GW COSCAST, will see GW expand the scope of its castings operations, allying its pioneering use of digital technology with the COSCAST process, to create high-performance castings for the motorsport, automotive and structural castings markets.

DB11 a nd Ed Grainger.jpg

Struggles to load the round then is wedged in the front left corner as the gun fires

That's all well and good old bean, but I'm still struggling to see the connection with the post?

"Welcome to Arrse Challenge, and your starter for ten,

In what decade, did the Nazi Party rise to power in Germany?"

Trick question. The Nazis were nothing to do with Germany, they were in charge of Naziland. We have always been friends with the Germans.

Edit - "Arrse Challenge" sounds like a cross between X Factor and the Reeperbahn.

IIRC Churchill was quite keen to blame the ‘nazzis’ (he had an odd way of pronouncing it) as I believe he realised that we’d have to find a modus vivendi with the German people after the unpleasantness was over.

I must admit I missed the first notice about this, the Stirling has been located in a Lake near Amsterdam, where it crashed after a Bombing raid in 1943, A British chap is worried that they will use a mechanical excavator to dredge it up to keep costs down, however having visited Holland and seen the care and dedication that they exhibit for our lads, I very much doubt it, they have some very skilled engineers and technology that is not seen here
hopefully the aircraft and her crew will be laid to rest at last

here a link to the Dutch website about it in English

View attachment 489036

Need any maritime work doing?
call the Dutch.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I've been to Tidworth twice, I only went back the second time because I couldn't believe what a $h!thole it was the first time I went.

Latest Threads