All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Just received . . . . . :( !!

Many years ago, while fishing for sailfish in the Seychelles, my brother hooked a big one - really big, and it leapt spectacularly. Shortly afterwards, his line went dead, and he pulled it in. The sailfish had been cleanly cut across the middle of the body; whatever took it had a gob that* big. Scary.

* Yes, really, that big.
I've fished a lot in the Seychelles, mostly around Alphonse Island, and you're right, there are some enormous sharks there. There are some particularly big whites and tiger sharks.

Was stalked by a very large tiger shark while flyfishing the flats at a remote atoll (St. Francois). Rising tide coming up to chest height, boat 300m away. And to think, they said only Jesus could walk on water.

The wife has been missing a week now.
Police said to prepare for the worst. So I have been to the charity shop to get all her clothes back
BAH Doom Tsh Rim Shot.jpg

Thenk yew veery much. I'm here all week. Try the prime rib in the Northwoods Buffet.

The wife has been missing a week now.
Police said to prepare for the worst. So I have been to the charity shop to get all her clothes back
View attachment 487199

Thenk yew veery much. I'm here all week. Try the prime rib in the Northwoods Buffet.

I've fished a lot in the Seychelles, mostly around Alphonse Island, and you're right, there are some enormous sharks there. There are some particularly big whites and tiger sharks.

Was stalked by a very large tiger shark while flyfishing the flats at a remote atoll (St. Francois). Rising tide coming up to chest height, boat 300m away. And to think, they said only Jesus could walk on water.
I was anchored near Victoria on Mahe when a German tourist on his honeymoon was taken by a shark within feet of the beach. His new wife was watching. The islands are so beguiling it's hard to imagine the monsters just feet away. In the water too.

I was anchored near Victoria on Mahe when a German tourist on his honeymoon was taken by a shark within feet of the beach. His new wife was watching. The islands are so beguiling it's hard to imagine the monsters just feet away. In the water too.
I read about that, pretty rare in the Seychelles.

A spearfisher got his leg bitten clean off yesterday, up the beach from us on Fraser Island. Curious, as he's a local(ish) and it's common knowledge that there are a lot of very large sharks around the ocean side of the island as the humpbacks are in the bay giving birth at this time of year. There happened to be a doctor and nures (H+W) at the scene, but they couldn't do anything to save him.

I used to go in the sea off Bamburgh beach in Northumberland UK.
Until I watched Jaws when it first came out.
Not been in the sea since. Anywhere

Kirkz

LE

A spearfisher got his leg bitten clean off yesterday, up the beach from us on Fraser Island. Curious, as he's a local(ish) and it's common knowledge that there are a lot of very large sharks around the ocean side of the island as the humpbacks are in the bay giving birth at this time of year. There happened to be a doctor and nures (H+W) at the scene, but they couldn't do anything to save him.
What's H+W?

Kirkz

LE

Harland & Wolff, big shipyard in Belfast. It’s where they built the Titanic.
What's Harland and Wolff got to do with Fraser Island?

That's the take off at Baba Dag above Olu Deniz. I've launched from there many times and seen many accidents. Whilst that was an impressive take off, those pilots are used to flying tandem with some pretty large tourists. Those guy's do the same flight day in, day out, in fairly consistent conditions so his landing approach was not unusual.

Tandem wings are pretty stable but having no harness was moderately insane.

Last edited:

Mary Hinge

War Hero
In line with it's woke, SJW and PC philosophy (incorporating BLM and non-diversity of thought) the BBC have now renamed a perennially popular and funny sitcom.
(Note: Some words used may offend some viewers because the script was original and actually quite funny).
Porridge PC Version.jpg

Latest Threads