All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
106350715_10157010953045124_1469293951790863590_n.jpg

you do know you're looking at a dog's arrse don't you?

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
105576168_2785460081665533_1300477137000829431_n.png

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
106399244_10158976546608623_2126768019984983088_n.jpg

Slip, sliding away!

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
There's something about SBC that's really unpleasant.
He's a clever bloke, he can distil some characters and lampoon them etc but at the same time he'll quite rightly, and eloquently, speak out about issues he's quite happy to try stereotype some groups very negatively.
Borat singing 'Throw the Jew down the well' got a similar reaction to the above IIRC. Not to mention that whilst many of us may recognise a 'Borat' cultural type, I'd laugh just as much at SBC if he accidentally ended up in the 'stans and had to account for his characature.
One of his grandparents was a concentration camp survivor, perhaps that taints his views?

One of his grandparents was a concentration camp survivor, perhaps that taints his views?
I was aware of that.
Does it qualify him to unjustly vilify others? Is it another strand if 'my demographic gas had a historic wrong done to it therefore I can wrong any group who I chose?'.
He's getting form for trying to make some groups fit his particular view of them.
I'm glad they've booed him off. Still, I expect his name will attract the version he edits rather than the actuality that @BetwixtandBetween described.

Yes, he can be funny.
He'll try lampoon folk he's decided are ignorant, mean and cruel. Except they're not necessarily so yet his 'humour' doesn't mind being so.

I expect it's 'ironic'.

Londo

LE
Cilla was White actually. Literally.

I had forgotten that . Thanks for the reminder and the Wiki link
EDIT
I wasn't being facetious BTW . If you hadn't posted the link I probably would not have bothered to read it and gained a few bits of knowledge about her .

Last edited:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I was aware of that.
Does it qualify him to unjustly vilify others? Is it another strand if 'my demographic gas had a historic wrong done to it therefore I can wrong any group who I chose?'.
He's getting form for trying to make some groups fit his particular view of them.
I'm glad they've booed him off. Still, I expect his name will attract the version he edits rather than the actuality that @BetwixtandBetween described.

Yes, he can be funny.
He'll try lampoon folk he's decided are ignorant, mean and cruel. Except they're not necessarily so yet his 'humour' doesn't mind being so.

I expect it's 'ironic'.
I really don't know, he would be more of interest to my children and grandchildren, so he falls outside of my sphere of comedy, I am more Marx Brothers and Stan and Ollie

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
my grandad was killed in a german POW camp during ww2.
he fell out of his tower lol

Now this is a class ****-up! Set me wondering whether it's ever been done with a tank transporter...too ******* lazy to go through the Chieftans in BAOR thread...(really good one that, but pretty long so have been picking away at it from time to time.)View attachment 486122
In June 2003 a transporter jacknifed on the M1 scattering its load of I think Scorpions all over the road.
Five people were killed.

Ciggie

GCM
In June 2003 a transporter jacknifed on the M1 scattering its load of I think Scorpions all over the road.
Five people were killed.

...and an Excellent for memory faculties. I don't remember the incident at all, but June 2003 would have put me either in Poland or Slovakia, and like as not, with only five fatalities, it didn't make international news and I must have missed the print story....surely it went national...which suggests I was in SK as in Poland I had daily access to print news, Telegraph and Guardian mainly.

Ciggie

GCM
There's something about SBC that's really unpleasant.
He's a clever bloke, he can distil some characters and lampoon them etc but at the same time he'll quite rightly, and eloquently, speak out about issues he's quite happy to try stereotype some groups very negatively.
Borat singing 'Throw the Jew down the well' got a similar reaction to the above IIRC. Not to mention that whilst many of us may recognise a 'Borat' cultural type, I'd laugh just as much at SBC if he accidentally ended up in the 'stans and had to account for his characature.
At risk of as usual being accused of antisemitism when only relating facts ( remember those funny things? ), I have to say that Mr Cohen is playing to a Jewish audience,not a non Jewish one. Even as far back as Ali G, he was making fun of stupid goyim behaving like black people in the character itself, but more significantly pretty much all of his victims were (reasonably) influential non Jews, who, I suspect, if one dug deep enough, had done something to offend the Jewish community and were accordingly being humiliated and shown up as asses, which, it has to be said, he does rather well, notably Rhodes Boyson and 'caning'.

Borat hardly needs much explanation to a non Jewish audience in terms of revenge for insults and injuries, the same for his gay Austrian Bruno. He's very occasionally funny to me, but unfortunately I see too much of his motivation to find him particularly amusing. Anyway, have a bit of him mauling Boyson....

Latest Threads