All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Sorry, giving away my technical incompetence here, but what is the joke?
I don't think you are supposed to put/make holes in filters . . . they will then leak ?! ;).

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry, giving away my technical incompetence here, but what is the joke?
It's supposed to be wired to another part that is immobile so the vibration won't cause it to come loose enough to leak, the hole at the 'nut' of the filter is for the wire to go through, possibly a factory drilling, possibly not. All good so far until you look at where the other end of the wire is going to, a Jubilee clip round the filter, if the filter did work loose, the wire would spin with it rather than restraining it. It should be wired to a fixed point on the engine block, or second best, use a Jubilee clip to fix the wire to the block at the base of the filter.

endure

GCM
xi.JPG

:mrgreen:

I don't think you are supposed to put/make holes in filters . . . they will then leak ?! ;).
The filter is wire locked to the jubilee clip which attached to the filter.
So . . . everything will turn together if the filter comes loose.

ETA The filter should be locked to something on the engine block. It's effectively locked to itself. That won't work.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
1591206745753.png

It's supposed to be wired to another part that is immobile so the vibration won't cause it to come loose enough to leak, the hole at the 'nut' of the filter is for the wire to go through, possibly a factory drilling, possibly not. All good so far until you look at where the other end of the wire is going to, a Jubilee clip round the filter, if the filter did work loose, the wire would spin with it rather than restraining it. It should be wired to a fixed point on the engine block, or second best, use a Jubilee clip to fix the wire to the block at the base of the filter.

It's the way you tell 'em

I suppose the 1974 threatened impeachment and resignation is too much to hope for.
Yes, he has already got off one due to the republicans owning the house.

Judging by the amount of Green being moved into Washington I would suspect the rumours of Lee Harvey Oswald taking the vacant gig at Easter are true.

Ciggie

GCM
I mean, there's desperate media and space-filling, and then there are things like this....the reference to Coronavirus is pure cringeworthy. What has happened to journalism? My daughter is studying it ...there might still be hope, but I doubt it...still, she is off to a good start having a pathological liar for a mother and someone very familiar with 'alternative realities as a dad...

For the Osprey watchers nice fish breakfast arrived 1 June .....

Latest Threads