All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

For your delectation:
We had Hook ladders to get underneath bridges in BAOR so that we could fix charges to blow them bridges.
I observed the construction of said ladders (knots ffs!) and volunteered to run up the bows with 2 Harricks in each hand. Less dangerous, I reckoned as a 19 year old combat engineer.
What a wise man I was ...

We had Hook ladders to get underneath bridges in BAOR so that we could fix charges to blow them bridges.
I observed the construction of said ladders (knots ffs!) and volunteered to run up the bows with 2 Harricks in each hand. Less dangerous, I reckoned as a 19 year old combat engineer.
What a wise man I was ...
Oh yes. Although those bowstring bridges dd wobble a bit when those German artics trundled over.

Good job my Spartan driver was stood by with our G10 Avon Redcrest inflatable recce boat...

Londo

LE
If you are into urbex and MIG21's fill yer boots

Oh God, sorghum 'beer'. I drank hundreds of gallons of that in Sudan...had to as it takes a huge quantity to get remotely pissed. Generally served in a bucket with a gourd to drink from floating on the top. Classy establishments would sprinkle sugar on the top to make it fizz. Still, it was definitely preferable to the local distilled stuff, aragi, date poison....'******* vile' does not begin to do it justice. The effect was very peculiar...5 or six glasses and all seems normal,then suddenly WHAM...it's like you've been hit by an express train. Tourist advice re Sudan? Don't even think of going there....unless you have a death wish.
Also turns your guts to fizzy gravy.

I seem to remember being told there was no such thing as bullet proof glass only bullet resistant glass.
I worked for a couple of years for a company making bullet resistant glass also vision blocks for AFV's . I witnessed and indeed took part in some exceedingly interesting trials using from 12 Bore solid Slug through to AP 7.62mm and 0.44 Magnum ... I wisely never stood directly behind the glass panel / block under test

Unremarkable

War Hero
Badly. There's a weak fermented corn or millet/sorghum beer popular in these parts, tastes like rotten veg smells and probably around 2 or 3% ABV, if that. They get utterly rat shit on it and knife the shit out of each other.

From wiki, showing how it's made.

So possibly a Neanderthal gene, or a West Eurasian Homo Sapiens mutation? I can see how the ability to eat fermenting fruit without going (excessively) berserk would be of use to hunter-gatherers. I wonder if any recent research has been published.

So possibly a Neanderthal gene, or a West Eurasian Homo Sapiens mutation? I can see how the ability to eat fermenting fruit without going (excessively) berserk would be of use to hunter-gatherers. I wonder if any recent research has been published.
I'm halfway through David Reich's Who We Are and How We Got Here.

In it he makes an interesting assertion. The best technology for DNA research sits principally in Western laboratories, but the owners of ancient asian DNA samples are on the whole resistant to anyone other than indigenous scientists doing the research. So the asian genome is comparatively poorer in both quality and quantity.

Similar resistance is also found among some First American tribes who take the view that they have been exploited enough by the white invader; DNA samples were taken in the 90s but the promised healthcare benefits that they would produce never materialised.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
99293400_3107054056044362_3317551009944829952_n.jpg

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
98453730_10220353922552470_6604470278774849536_n.jpg

Latest Threads