All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Durandal1

Old-Salt
The building of the new Russian armed forces main church has just been completed to the west of Moscow and in time to be dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the Great Patriotic War.
Having been to a few Eastern Rite services over the years I'm starting to fall in love with all the bling, chanting and incense...

pic_1cbb85ca56d7ab71588157e3bef6c0f2.jpg

svpl.jpg

755880721920847.jpg

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Interesting. Their genome, though distinct, is closer to Neanderthal Man than modern H Sapiens. Perhaps this is one of the distinctions.
How do sub Saharans cope with alcohol, lacking DNA from either?
have to ask lardbeast but africans have made their own saliva fermented beer for thousands of years

Interesting. Their genome, though distinct, is closer to Neanderthal Man than modern H Sapiens. Perhaps this is one of the distinctions.
How do sub Saharans cope with alcohol, lacking DNA from either?
Badly. There's a weak fermented corn or millet/sorghum beer popular in these parts, tastes like rotten veg smells and probably around 2 or 3% ABV, if that. They get utterly rat shit on it and knife the shit out of each other.

From wiki, showing how it's made.

Last edited:

Pretty interesting clip, methinks - would you rather have the high performer of low trust, or the medium-low performer of high trust?

Kirkz

LE

Pretty interesting clip, methinks - would you rather have the high performer of low trust, or the medium-low performer of high trust?
The only person you can truly trust 100% is yourself.

I quite like Simon Sinek, not sure how much evidence he has for some of the stuff he says but it's interesting and plausible.

This is another good one of his (bit long though)

I quite like Simon Sinek, not sure how much evidence he has for some of the stuff he says but it's interesting and plausible.

This is another good one of his (bit long though)
Someone . . . @Ortholith . . . should copy that cross to the Army Recruit/Retention thread ;) !!

An interesting article about fitting car tyres to a motorcycle, and yes I have known a few morons try this
usually with disastrous results
There was a lot of chat last year on the Triumph Rat site. The amount of blokes on there swore to using car tyres. Unbelievable, (Mainly yank site)
I think, on reflection, over there they only drive in straight lines. Witness their elongated "chops"! You'd never get one round a corner.

Londo

LE
From wiki ....
In Navajo, on the other hand, “kemosabe” translates as “soggy shrub.” If this seems an odd thing for faithful friend Tonto to call the Lone Ranger, perhaps he was just repaying the Ranger's long-standing insult. “Tonto,” after all, is a Spanish word meaning “stupid.”

Latest Threads