All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

It has been a revelation, being kept at home with the wife for the last three weeks, we've been able to catch up on everything I've done wrong for the last twenty years.

IMG-20200407-WA0004.jpg

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I like then & now videos/pics.
This is a good one if you know Gloucester/Cheltenham area.
Your neck of the woods @Joshua Slocum ?

Also, The Titfield Thunderbolt;

I forgot about that
I met the chap who made the videos and let him onto our site to film, (Just above the rail line)
he drives a lovely Anglia Estate, Station drive industrial estate was just below us, the company purchased it and the adjoining land post war, they came to the Country to construct much of Smiths Industries and other Government works
in the first shot of the Signal box you can see the warehouses of Travis Perkins in Mead road, once part of the line, in fact some years back they still had GWR sack trucks
oddly i have a GWR cast iron bench tucked away in London !
I have a friend who is a train and cricket nut, also a retired Black rat
he took me on a tour of the Titfield sites , it was eerie and having grown up in London and seeing these comedies on TV, to see them for real is moving
it was an excellent day out

oddly I am organising a Cotswolds tour for when this pangolin pox has abated and he will be the guide
I will place a notice on Arrse
it will only be a small group though perhaps a couple of cars
and will take all day

FB_IMG_1586263935634.jpg

FB_IMG_1586263952454.jpg

I forgot about that
I met the chap who made the videos and let him onto our site to film, (Just above the rail line)
he drives a lovely Anglia Estate, Station drive industrial estate was just below us, the company purchased it and the adjoining land post war, they came to the Country to construct much of Smiths Industries and other Government works
in the first shot of the Signal box you can see the warehouses of Travis Perkins in Mead road, once part of the line, in fact some years back they still had GWR sack trucks
oddly i have a GWR cast iron bench tucked away in London !
I have a friend who is a train and cricket nut, also a retired Black rat
he took me on a tour of the Titfield sites , it was eerie and having grown up in London and seeing these comedies on TV, to see them for real is moving
it was an excellent day out

oddly I am organising a Cotswolds tour for when this pangolin pox has abated and he will be the guide
I will place a notice on Arrse
it will only be a small group though perhaps a couple of cars
and will take all day
The Titfield vid has places you can recognise. The trackbed now being used as a road under the high over bridge surprised me.
The ‘mishap’ one though is changed beyond all recognition.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
The Titfield vid has places you can recognise. The trackbed now being used as a road under the high over bridge surprised me.
The ‘mishap’ one though is changed beyond all recognition.
we nipped off the road onto the old bridge, its closed to traffic now
it was an interesting day
we also visited the shop were Florence of Belgravia purchased his Motorcycles

Latest Threads