All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

No one likes cyclists, even in Singapore:

robins1

Old-Salt
I remember the first time I hand cranked a Chipmunk. The tip of the spinning propellor is about genital height once it starts up.
My dad was in the RAF In the last war and told me he had to start aircraft by spinning the prop, one time it came round and clouted him in the thigh, one inch higher and i would never have existed! He spent a while in hospital but thankfully was ok. Another time he rode a motorcycle into the drink off the deck of an aircraft carrier in harbour somewhere in the Med!

I seem to recall a story about one of these fake trees, it was erected as a replacement for a real tree with the intent of fooling the Germans and allowing the Brits to have an observation post that could see over the trench parapet.

Apparently, and this is what the point of the story was, the Germans weren't fooled. Above the Germans lines a sign was raised with an arrow pointing off to one side and the words "Birnam Wood this way" underneath....

There’s a video on YouTube somewhere of an old Russian gate guard tank that some lads went to after many years. They put some batteries on, added fuel, fettled for a while and it kicked up.
Amazing.
Taking note of your forum name you probably already know this
but a Diesel engine like that is bombproof, they can sit outside for decades, the internals are sealed from the elements and have been bathed in hot oil for years before they were last run, as long as you have compression and fuel ( and a can of Easystart ) it will run .

but a Diesel engine like that is bombproof, they can sit outside for decades, the internals are sealed from the elements and have been bathed in hot oil for years before they were last run, as long as you have compression and fuel ( and a can of Easystart ) it will run .
I agree. I’ve seen many an old knacker spring back to life with a bit of fettling.
Easystart? Try this...
9767A0BB-3D4A-4182-8B58-9C43C25F1259.jpeg

I fully expected the engine to run, but didn't think it would actually drive so easily

FB_IMG_1586091122980.jpg

Latest Threads