All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

I know the Daily Wail is notorious for inaccuracies, but the latest crap is mind boggling.

They have reported that a comet (Atlas, C/2019 Y4) will be getting brighter as it nears the sun and us (True) and that the comet is 5 times the size of Jupiter and half the size of the sun. (FALSE)

I weep for the lack of any basic science or even common sense in their "reporting staff" If something half the size of the sun was going to orbit through the solar system, then it would make the present panic about COVID-19 look like a picnic conducted by the rockapes, because then we would all be doomed.

Giant comet is set to light up the night sky in April

Last edited:
I know the pop-up ads on ARRSE are supposed to reflect your needs with all the cookies in our devices, but I'm seeing this one too often,

Do they know something?

1585725024150.png

I know the Daily Wail is notorious for inaccuracies, but the latest crap is mind boggling.

They have reported that a comet (Atlas, C/2019 Y4) will be getting brighter as it nears the sun and us (True) and that the comet is 5 times the size of Jupiter and half the size of the sun. (FALSE)

I weep for the lack of any basic science or even common sense in their "reporting staff" If something half the size of the sun was going to orbit through the solar system, then it would make the present panic about COVID-19 look like a picnic conducted by the rockapes, because then we would all be doomed.

Giant comet is set to light up the night sky in April
You just been April fooled by the Mail?

How embarrassing.

I doubt it, as it was actually published on the 31st
.... and it must be true and accurate .... I just had to open your linky to the DM and see it is written by Ryan Morrison who is not just a Science and Technology Journalist but a Senior Science and Technology Journalist who said in an interview when asked " What it means to be a Journalist " ... replied ... " To be in the know and share that knowledge with others in a meaningful and easy to understand way " ... one can only speculate as to the skills of those who are not at his level .

.... and it must be true and accurate .... I just had to open your linky to the DM and see it is written by Ryan Morrison who is not just a Science and Technology Journalist but a Senior Science and Technology Journalist who said in an interview when asked " What it means to be a Journalist " ... replied ... " To be in the know and share that knowledge with others in a meaningful and easy to understand way " ... one can only speculate as to the skills of those who are not at his level .
Nothing about making shit up then...

I'm actually doing more than normal, all the double crewers have been stood down on full pay due to social distancing guidelines and us single crewers are doing all the work!
Sucks to be a "Billy no Mates". :)

Latest Threads