All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

If they’re allowed to be open, people are allowed to use them. Many people are able to do their maintenance. Indeed I imagine many will take the opportunity to do exactly that while they’re at home.
But essential maintenance?

Would it be wrong, at 8.00pm, when everyone is supposed to open their windows and doors to clap for the NHS, for me to jog down the middle of the road, maybe holding aloft an old subbuteo trophy, so I can feel what it's like to have won something?
yuo are jurgen klopp and i claim anything i can off dss laar

Only the individuals concerned can answer that. Personally I’m shit at DIY so always try to get someone competent to do it, but it’s possible people are thinking tradespeople are going to be in demand and possibly more expensive, so will do it themselves.

And what bit of 'essential shopping items' were you out and about for, you Civvy Scum?
I was driving my wife, a nurse, to and from work. Since you asked. That and a weekly shop are the sum total of my journeys out these days.

I DO NOT take the fact that I'm working from home as an excuse to do lots of little jobs that involve travelling all over the place on the grounds that I understand what "STAY THE FUCK AT HOME" means.

Edit: For example, the hot tap in our upstairs sink has become very difficult to turn on this last week. You need to turn it a bit, then it stops, so turn it back a little then turn it a bit more and repeat 10 or 12 times until the water flows. It needs sorting but I'm not putting my life at risk to do so, as we strangely have more than one hot tap in the house. So fixing it, whilst desirable, most certainly ain't essential. Even though I could easily have popped in to Wickes to get the requisite bits.

Last edited:
How about bedroom overall to new nursery for first grandchild, due in May.
What with all this virus crap going on, would you like to explain essential to my beautiful, heavily pregnant, new daughter-in-law (as of August last year) ?

edit
Not to mention new separate loo.

Last edited:
Both of us are NHS.
I'm driving her to the hospital tomorrow as she has refresher training in order to go back into Intensive care.

As I'm off, I'll be going shopping, but into a butchers and a veg shop. I buy as I need and I buy fresh. Now, am I being a twat for not panic buying and hoarding or am I irresponsible for going out shopping?

How about bedroom overall to new nursery for first grandchild, due in May.
What with all this virus crap going on, would you like to explain essential to my beautiful, heavily pregnant, new daughter-in-law?
Is a nursery essential to a new-born? How many new-borns in India have them? Kid will be in a cot at the side of mum and dad's bed for the first few months won't it? Doesn't really need a room redecorating for that does it? First world problem. Dare one suggest the D-i-l needs to man the fuck up, unless she wants her unborn to get the virus as has happened elsewhere already.

Is a nursery essential to a new-born? How many new-borns in India have them? Kid will be in a cot at the side of mum and dad's bed for the first few months won't it? Doesn't really need a room redecorating for that does it? First world problem. Dare one suggest the D-i-l needs to man the **** up, unless she wants her unborn to get the virus as has happened elsewhere already.
Tit.
Large for the use of.

How many new-borns in India have them?
Do I live in India, TIT.

Yes. Your point being? These are hard times but some people seem to be having problems grasping that fact.

Edit:

We've got 3 kids, all married and all living 160+ miles away. 3 grandsons up to the age of 4, not visited them for over a month now. Mum and Dad (92 & 95) in a sheltered housing complex who we do shopping for. The complex went into lockdown today, so we'll be dropping their stuff off at the door for the carers to take to their flat. Mum is failing fast and we might not see her again. The mother in law has dementia and is in a secure nursing home that went into full lockdown last week, no visitors or deliveries of any kind from family.

All of which is considerably less than optimal but is the way things are. "Suck it up sunshine" is the order of the day and why not indeed. I want all my family to be alive at the end of this and nothing I do is going to hazard that if I can help it.

Last edited:
I obviously need to go out and gather more experience. I only got 17/20.
There were 20? I only got as far as 8 and then, well... you know... I, errm, didn't need to go any further... if you catch my drift...

Latest Threads