All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Ok

Bloody women and the heating in vehicles, 28 degrees while it's snowing outside!. I almost fell asleep at the wheel recently because my female passenger next to me refused to put her jacket on and instead kept cranking the heating on full blast. It was so fcuking hot in there that I was struggling to keep my eyes open.
Ah the Confessions of a Taxi Driver......

Robert Lewis Howard. He was wounded 14 times over 54 months of combat, was awarded the Medal of Honor, eight Purple Hearts, a Distinguished Service Cross, a Silver Star, and four Bronze Stars - 1971

View attachment 449763

Fecking Glory Hunter...
A posting with his unit was a punishment posting

Been to this place twice, wonderful food, wonderful atmosphere:

It can come to you now, a good mate owns this company

Traditional Pie & Mash, with extra;s like Jellied Eels, etc.

'

Solve the housing problem ....get an Asian bird....

That was truly excellent and confirms what a versatile material Bamboo is …. I actually have several pairs of Bamboo socks …what particularly impressed me was the use of Bamboo dowels and how she cut a slot into the vertical wall pieces into which she slotted horizontal wall pieces and the layering of half sections she cut to make a waterproof roof .... and a pretty girl to boot .

Ok

Bloody women and the heating in vehicles, 28 degrees while it's snowing outside!. I almost fell asleep at the wheel recently because my female passenger next to me refused to put her jacket on and instead kept cranking the heating on full blast. It was so fcuking hot in there that I was struggling to keep my eyes open.
I have a patrol partner like that, but thankfully the Disco has dual climate control, I put my side down to 15 degrees and she shimfs like fuck as she's cold, so what! :D

Published by: Amy Brunskill, Current Archaeology, on 13 February 2020.

Home Guard Auxiliary bunker discovered

An auxiliary bunker built during the Second World War has been discovered during deforestation work in southern Scotland.

Hundreds of bunkers like these were constructed by the British Army as operational bases for specially trained Auxiliary Units of the Home Guard, who were responsible for sabotage operations in the event of a Nazi invasion, but structures of this type are rarely discovered, as their exact locations were kept secret and most have collapsed or been buried and lost in the years since their last use. They were supposed to have been destroyed after the war, but many were simply left to decay instead. The entrance to this bunker was discovered during harvesting operations, and was subsequently surveyed by AOC Archaeology on behalf of Forestry and Land Scotland.

The bunker appears to have been built to the standard design, with a central area measuring 7m by 3m formed by riveted corrugated iron sheets over a cement floor. The main chamber was entered through a narrow passage to the east, which leads to an access hatch, while a second escape hatch, at the other end, has now been filled in. The ends of the bunker are brick-built, with poured cement roof caps, and are divided from the main area by a ‘blast wall’ intended to protect against grenades. Ventilation pipes, 32cm in diameter, are found at either end of the structure.

Very little of the bunker’s internal furnishings survive, but broken timbers found on the floor are thought to have perhaps been the remains of the original wooden bed frames. An empty tin can represents another link to the last people to occupy the structure.

The bunker was buried c.1.3m beneath the current ground surface at its deepest point, but the sloping nature of the terrain means that it is only c.0.7m below the ground at the entrance. The structure was surveyed using 3D laser-scanning, as well as comprehensive photography, and a written record of the site was created. After the survey was complete, a grill was installed over the entrance, with bat boxes built inside, to secure the bunker.

PHOTO: 3D scanning was used to record the bunker [Image: Forestry and Land Scotland by AOC Archaeology 2019]

1581720668434.png

85033273_10159225426289338_9201295720269742080_n.jpg

Latest Threads