All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Usman Khan, the London bridge terrorist, was buried in the Kashmir occupied area of Pakistan
in the family burial ground

Many people in the local community were unhappy at the possibility of him being buried in the Stoke area

I have mixed feelings about this, on the one hand he is buried away from this country, but on the other hand I feel that he should not have been afforded such a burial for his actions
cremated and scattered to the winds would have been a more fitting punishment

These photos are from another forum I'm a member of. Guy was was on his way home from work last Thursday, a deer runs across the road and the vehicle in front of this guy hits the deer at around 70mph. The deer is sent flying through the air and bounces of this guys bonnet and comes to rest...well you can see for yourself where it finally came to rest.

The driver of this vehicle is very lucky to walk away from this with just a few minor cuts from glass. Vehicle is now a write off.

Click photo to enlarge.

View attachment 435648

View attachment 435649

View attachment 435652

View attachment 435653
Why is that a write - off? A new windscreen and vacuum up the broken glass and you're sorted. It doesn't look like Bambi bled much in the interior either. And for that matter, it doesn't look like either air bag deployed.

ETA: I take your point about the smell of a dying deer. You could probably get around that by stripping the interior and putting something from a boneyard Dodge Ram in its place.

Usman Khan, the London bridge terrorist, was buried in the Kashmir occupied area of Pakistan

Many people in the local community were unhappy at the possibility of him being buried in the Stoke area

I have mixed feelings about this, on the one hand he is buried away from this country, but on the other hand I feel that he should not have been afforded such a burial for his actions

I noticed this comment:

But it is understood many members of the Muslim community in Cobridge, Stoke, were unhappy with a burial at the local Ghausia Masjid despite its close ties with Khan’s family.

I'll take that as a positive note that at least some ordinary Muslims have had enough of the extremist to take a stand against them by denying him a burial in their community.

It's a start - little acorns and all that...

Edited to add that, if it was up to me, the body would have been burnt and the ashes thrown in the dustbin...

Last edited:

Londo

LE
I noticed this comment:

But it is understood many members of the Muslim community in Cobridge, Stoke, were unhappy with a burial at the local Ghausia Masjid despite its close ties with Khan’s family.

I'll take that as a positive note that at least some ordinary Muslims have had enough of the extremist to take a stand against them by denying him a burial in their community.

Edited to add that, if it was up to me, the body would have been burnt and the ashes thron in the dustbin...
I keep saying . Liquid cremation and poured down the sewer . Job jobbed .

ETA: I take your point about the smell of a dying deer. You could probably get around that by stripping the interior and putting something from a boneyard Dodge Ram in its place.
The guy has only had the truck for eight months so I can't see him wanting to put boneyard stuff in his newish truck.

I noticed this comment:

Edited to add that, if it was up to me, the body would have been burnt and the ashes thron in the dustbin...
Wonder who paid the costs of the flight?

The guy has only had the truck for eight months so I can't see him wanting to put boneyard stuff in his newish truck.
Well, it's his truck and his call. If his insurance company went along with him and totaled his truck, then there's nothing more to be said. Somebody's going to do it though when they buy the truck at auction and get a salvage title.

I ran into a deer at speed with my nearly new 1988 Ford Thunderbird with 5,0 L V-8 years ago. It really was a mess. The deer took out the entire left side of the car and cracked the windshield as it flipped over the car and landed in a ditch. No noisome dead thing smell, but the car had to be towed on a flatbed trailer to a garage. My insurance man authorized the repair because it was still a pretty new car (The accident happened in 1990) I didn't keep it long however after it was repaired because I wanted to buy a new 1993 Ford Thunderbird. As far as I know though, the 88 was on the road for at least 10 years after the accident.

I still have the knife that a chum made of the deer's antler as a memento. We had good venison steaks and chops from the meat for a few months afterwards.

{Not my car, but one very like it, even down to the bronze paint.)

1988 Ford Thiunderbird.jpg

I keep saying . Liquid cremation and poured down the sewer . Job jobbed .
Aren't there any pig farms nearby?

Should go all General Pershing on him and any others who insist on spreading terror (even if it is an urban legend)

Last edited:

Dredd

LE
Apparently it is tradition with the Bobbies that when they stuff up, they have to bring in cakes for their next shift. The bigger the cock-up, the more elaborate the cake.

I suspect though that this one is very reluctantly following the letter of the rule rather than the spirit . . .

So sorry.JPG

Last edited:

BopBopBop

War Hero

Did we get our bullets back?

Latest Threads