All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

It didn't take me too long to gravitate to sodium chlorate and sugar....a miracle I don't look like Nikki Lauder !!!!
Mmmmm .... and I know nothing about a 2 1/2 lb sweet jar full of such a mix being set off on the rocks , in the 1950's , near where I lived ... the subsequent flare and white smoke resulted in a Maroon being set off and the local Lifeboat being launched .... it really is amazing how quickly cycles can be pedalled ... or so I am informed .

Last edited:
This is why very early badges were so big, they had to be visible to a patrol from a distance.
After the First World War the patrols had a uniform, it was khaki, as of course there was a ready supply. The AA also "invented"the petrol station as before motor spirit was supplied by chemists.
In the 50s the AA had the only national radio network. The Prime Minister's car was equipped with a standard patrol radio so that he could be contacted in an emergency.
Many years later, when I worked for the company, we had a visit from a party of foreign military all sporting identical funny moustaches. We were running the world's largest and most modern command and control system in private hands.
These men were as we later learnt, Saddam's army. An export licence was not forthcoming.

As a follow-up, I showed this to my wife and she had a different take on it. Either the retrievers are trying to protect the little fella from a roasting or they are being racist and picking on him for being different.

Still funny as feck though!
I never even considered it from that perspective. It may be, it may not, but as you say, funny as feck.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Albino turtles!
albino-turtles-24-5dd52c67b9349__700.jpg

albino-turtles-25-5dd52c69be878__700.jpg

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Show Parades, getting the most out of them