All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

What is with Brits and "quickly" destroying working prototypes and tech data?

Similar thing happened with TSR-2 right?
I saw that fly over Crowthorne on its way to Farnborough in 1959 only thing I remember was the noise.It was noisy.

I saw that fly over Crowthorne on its way to Farnborough in 1959 only thing I remember was the noise.It was noisy.
Apparently, according to the vid, they did reduce the noise levels in a second version and were in the process of reducing it more.

But funding was the main problem of the program. It's a cool looking aircraft and a very interesting concept though.

I did that once in shared accommodation on tour (slid over in puke, not actually puked). Everyone got really pissed off with me because they thought I had done it. The fact that I was covered in it meant the evidence was strong in their favour. I sort of bluffed my way out of it.

The only two times in the last 20+ years I have been sick on alcohol was after some spectacular nights on the Keo beer. Both of which were next morning, not that evening. I refuse to go anywhere near it now

dwills

War Hero
Apparently, according to the vid, they did reduce the noise levels in a second version and were in the process of reducing it more.

But funding was the main problem of the program. It's a cool looking aircraft and a very interesting concept though.
The reason for its cancellation was that nobody wanted to buy it.
All the early orders dried up due to the over-long development programme. The noise was the main issue.

I was always given to understand that the noise was the reason for its failure. Apparently it was far too noisy inside it.

Ciggie

GCM
My old man was involved in a couple of classic cockups in a small way: the Fairey 'Delta' ( thank you Labour govt of the day) and the Nimrod. I am sure the list is actually alot longer , culminating as it did in our whole defence industry effectively going tits up. Sad.

Latest Threads