All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Unremarkable

Old-Salt
On a serious note...think I mentioned this on the shite charities thread...years ago a gf got talking to an old dear on a train..she turned out to be the wife of one of the directors of RNIB and she said Don't give them any money...they have so much they don't know how to get rid of it. Probably couldn't find the chequebook ;)
A friend who had been a translator for the RNIB hated Guide Dogs for the Blind with a passion. She was of the opinion that, while the RNIB financed all sorts of research and other good things, the Guide Dog lot only trained and provided dogs, hoarding up the surplus. And fund raising! Take out a friendly, warm puppy and pounds flowed into the tins...
I was quite sympathetic until allegations of RNIB staff getting cheap mortgages came to light; I must add that I don't know what came of that.

Ciggie

GCM
A friend who had been a translator for the RNIB hated Guide Dogs for the Blind with a passion. She was of the opinion that, while the RNIB financed all sorts of research and other good things, the Guide Dog lot only trained and provided dogs, hoarding up the surplus. And fund raising! Take out a friendly, warm puppy and pounds flowed into the tins...
I was quite sympathetic until allegations of RNIB staff getting cheap mortgages came to light; I must add that I don't know what came of that.
Er, a translator for the blind...do they have different Braille in different countries ?????

Ciggie

GCM
A British Vickers Gun crew firing indirectly at targets behind German lines during the battle for Goch in the Netherlands, part of Operation Veritable. 20 February 1945.
Indirectly??? I refer you to the ongoing RNIB bit....

Ciggie

GCM
Another bloody snowflake who will be claiming PSTD next
the article in the Times quoted her recent degree from Uni
who cares about it
University 'degree' today translates as Bare pass at 11 plus 30 years ago.

Latest Threads